[SOLVED] Gaming at high FPS possible?

May 14, 2020
Are these specs high enough for playing games with high frames while streaming with 2 monitors. (1 for gaming, 1 for obs)?
  • MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS ATX DDR4 USB 3.1 SATA600 M.2
  • Intel Core i9 9900K 8-Core (16 threads)
  • Aorus Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6
  • 512GB SSD
  • 32GB DDR4 Inferno RGB
The reason why i am wondering is because of the fact that people tell me a dual setup is better to use. But i would like to switch to a dual setup later on and save me some money for now. Thank you in advance!

Solution
Hey there,

That system would be an awesome gamer/streamer. No if's and's or but's!

Will do exactly what you want. Will have great gaming experience and high quality stream output. with very little, if any dropped frames.

Dual systems are fine, takes some of the load of the gaming system, but you would have ample resources with just the single system. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you find it doesn't meet expectations, you can always look at the secondary system down the line. It doesn't need to be high powered or anything. A semi decent CPU and GPU and some ram and a capture card is all that's needed.

Happy gaming :)
Hey there,

That system would be an awesome gamer/streamer. No if's and's or but's!

Will do exactly what you want. Will have great gaming experience and high quality stream output. with very little, if any dropped frames.

Dual systems are fine, takes some of the load of the gaming system, but you would have ample resources with just the single system. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you find it doesn't meet expectations, you can always look at the secondary system down the line. It doesn't need to be high powered or anything. A semi decent CPU and GPU and some ram and a capture card is all that's needed.

Happy gaming :)

Solution
Sorry for late reply. I sometimes don't get notifications for new posts.

Well, the 32gb will give you a bit more room to work. 16gb is fine for a gaming system, as most games use less than 8gbs, but some (BF V) can use upwards of 9gbs. With streaming your getting close to 16gb. 32gbs would mean you don't have to worry about it. However, Intel systems like fast ram too. Ideally you want 32gbs (2x16) 3200+ ram. The rest of your system is at the top end of mainstream. The ram should mach your intent :)

To answer, I'd take the 32gbs 266 and try OC a little.

TRENDING THREADS