Question New RAM BSOD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 1, 2021
Hello! I've recently upgraded my HP Pavilion Power 580-230w with 2x8gb of RAM from Team Group.

Here's a link to the item itself: https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/product/elite-plus-u-dimm-ddr4

I put in the 2400Mhz version as that's the correct specification my motherboard could use, but I seem to be getting the BSOD if I start doing anything with gaming. I've tried reseating it. I've ran multiple tests from the Windows terst to Memtest to see if the RAM's faulty, and it's not. The BIOS doesn't seem to let me change the RAM settings, but Speccy says that it's running the RAM at 2133Mhz.
I don't particularly care that it's running lower than advertised, but I'm out of options as to what to do as it's simply not running well. The RAM is healthy, but as soon as it's pushed to use, it crashes my system.

Any advice or foresight would be greatly appreciated, as I'm not entirely sure what steps to take next.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
This bugcheck can occur by memory corruption due to physical memory access. The causes for physical memory corruption include:

1. Defective RAM hardware

2. A driver or device incorrectly modifying physical pages via an incorrect DMA operation or associated MDL.

3. Corruption caused by a hardware device or firmware corrupting memory, such as firmware illegally modifying physical pages across a power transition.

I'm thinking you might need to clean your pc. Ccleaner, both cleaner and registry clean (say yes to backup), do that at least twice. Then a good anti-virus scan and a malware scan (do both, they aren't the same thing).
Then open up a command (admin) from start and type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
If there's anything buggy with the system, all that'll get fixed/cleaned out. Anything left will be additional software like the GeForce Experience or drivers, or actual hardware. You can use Windows Memory diagnostic tool, it's pretty basic, but better would be an overnight run of Memtest64.

Mar 1, 2021
Tried all of the above, still seemed to crash again due to another MEMORY_MANAGEMENT failure. Although this keeps occurring, I'm starting to believe it simply might just be Tarkov itself, since everything else runs perfectly fine.