Gaming Build Help - Need assistance

Condawg

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
So I changed by build a bit,(to make it a bit cheaper) anyone who is viewing this probably didn't see my last one, but thats okay. But this build is for mainly gaming, and maybe occasionally editing as well. But my first couple questions are; do I NEED a CPU cooler? If so what would be a decent one in the cheaper range? My budget is around $1000 and can fluctuate within $1-200 if need be. I don't plan on adding another GPU (for awhile at least) so I assume the PSU is fine at 600 watts. I haven't done a huge amount of research, but I still know a decent amount, BUT a concern of mine is if the motherboard is fine. Will it run with everything well? And the case, Im guessing I will have enough space, but with my specs would the airflow be pretty good? Or is it just depend on the case about that.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: ?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Western Digital WD Blue 1TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card

Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

I don't plan on a SSD for now at least, I know it speeds up loading games, and the computer in general, but I don't feel like that is a necessity right away. I'am open to suggestions, anything that will make this build a solid computer to run games like SC2, Planetside, Possibly BF3-4 on around at least high settings with a good fps. Let me know! Thanks!

VeTeRen ThoR

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
I see the Chassis is mid tower so the specs would fit in...anyways you only need a CPU cooler when overclocking and i see you have the intel k addition...I am againts OC'ing a CPU because first of all it already cost more for just the k version and then you also need a decent cpu cooler so on the end the price per perfomance aint so great so ill suggest rather leave the k version and a cooler and go for a better CPU. also the 600W is great. I have done some great research and saw that vengeance ram isint necessary for gaming..(In my country vengeance ram a lot more expensive!) so ill rather go for kingston 1600MHz. I don't really know plenty about motherboards but ill suggest if you go only for one gpu and if you are not going to overclock go for a cheaper mobo friend ;). I plan to go with the same build as you kind of but that pc cost in south africa 1600$ plenty hey.... :(. but yeh that's what i can supply you with. hope it helped.

Condawg

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013

Thanks for the advice man, well, I probably won't OC right away, but I feel like I would in the future, but I honestly don't know. So maybe it's better to just take that out of the equation? What CPU would you recommend that would still be solid all around?

Wow $1600? Thats a crazy difference. I still want a decent motherboard whether I do OC or not.

Condawg

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013

After getting these two parts, would this build be somewhat complete? Im not planning on OC'ing right away, do you recommend I do go for the OC CPU and motherboard? Or would the performance without it be fine? Thanks for the help!

Condawg

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013

True, do you recommend spending the extra money for OC? What would a good CPU/MOBO mix be without OC? (just to the price) That might be the best way for me I mean, Im not sure if I will OC....

VeTeRen ThoR

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013

Look what i am trying to say is that OC is not necesarry. Rather save money or just buy a better Cpu or Gpu or something then OC aint even necesarry :)

VeTeRen ThoR

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013

Look what i am trying to say is that OC is not necesarry. Rather save money or just buy a better Cpu or Gpu or something then OC aint even necesarry :)