Gaming Build Help!!!

sjsingh7860

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am building a gaming pc. My total budget is somewhere between $2000 - $2500. Below are the components that I have chosen. Please suggest me if they are good or need any changes.

Processor INTEL® CORE™ i7-8700K PROCESSOR
MotherBoard Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
CPU Cooling EVGA CLC 280 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler, RGB LED Cooling 400-HY-CL28-V1
or
CPU Cooling MasterLiquid ML240R RGB | Cooler Master
GPU EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Gaming
RAM GSkill trident z 32gb
SSD Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SATA III SSD
Internal WD 2 TB
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
Monitor Dell 24 S2417DG

Case - NEED SUGGESTION
Rad - NEED SUGGESTION
Extra Fans - NEED SUGGESTION
Power Supply - NEED SUGGESTION
RGB Lighting - NEED SUGGESTION
WIFI or Sound card - NEED SUGGESTION

What kind of cooling should be good? I am thinking of Water Cooling.

I am open to any suggestions as I do not expertise on components. My location is INDIA.

Solution
I don't know how this translates into dollars. I would get a better motherboard. The HDd3P is a budget board and wont overclock the 8700k very well. There is not a game that I know of that uses 32gb of RAM. You only need 16gb. The extra RAM will just sit there idle doing nothing. You have selected an AIO cooler, so you know need a rad as it will come with one.

As far as case fans, I would wait till you have the system built and go from there. The fans that comes with the case and AIO may be enough. If you want aftermarket fans then, I like the corsair ml pro series fans.

PCPartPicker part list: https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/fWF6RJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/fWF6RJ/by_merchant/

CPU...
I don't know how this translates into dollars. I would get a better motherboard. The HDd3P is a budget board and wont overclock the 8700k very well. There is not a game that I know of that uses 32gb of RAM. You only need 16gb. The extra RAM will just sit there idle doing nothing. You have selected an AIO cooler, so you know need a rad as it will come with one.

As far as case fans, I would wait till you have the system built and go from there. The fans that comes with the case and AIO may be enough. If you want aftermarket fans then, I like the corsair ml pro series fans.

PCPartPicker part list: https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/fWF6RJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/fWF6RJ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor (₹30775.00 @ Amazon India)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (₹10499.00 @ Amazon India)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (₹15500.00 @ Amazon India)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (₹13999.31 @ Amazon India)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (₹12599.00 @ Amazon India)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 HYBRID GAMING Video Card (₹74110.10 @ Amazon India)
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Full Tower Case (₹12352.25 @ Amazon India)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (₹14349.00 @ Amazon India)
Total: ₹184183.66
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-18 23:26 IST+0530

Solution
Apr 18, 2018
Depending on the size of the case you choose, the Be Quiet! Dark Rock series have always had a good thing going for gamers, especially with their new Dark Rock Pro 4. It comes in at $90, but with your budget that shouldn't be a problem. As for compatibility, I'm no expert, but pcpartpicker.com has a quality built-in compatibility checker. They also automatically estimate the amount of power you'll need to run your build, which should help with your choice of power supply. As for cases, I just choose whatever size will fit my parts and whichever one looks coolest. :)

sjsingh7860

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014

Thank for replying so quick. However, I do have some questions. Is my monitor selection Ok or is there a budget option which can give around 125hz. Also, pcpartpicker is showing this mobo is not compatible with the CPU which I think is wrong as both are LGA1151 (i could be wrong too lol) and Is 1TB 5200 rpm WD ok or do i need 7200 rpm?

I loved your suggestion of Case.

Also, if you could suggest what should I look into a Rad before buying.

Thank for replying so quick. However, I do have some questions. Is my monitor selection Ok or is there a budget option which can give around 125hz. Also, pcpartpicker is showing this mobo is not compatible with the CPU which I think is wrong as both are LGA1151 (i could be wrong too lol) and Is 1TB 5200 rpm WD ok or do i need 7200 rpm?

I loved your suggestion of Case.

Also, if you could suggest what should I look into a Rad before buying.

Something is wrong with pcpartpicker's compatibility filter. I promise you, the Asus Z370 Extreme4 is compatible with the 8700k. Right now on pcpartpicker it is showing that there are no compatible mobos for the 8700k. So it is something wrong on their end.

As far as the monitor, I would say that is about as budget as you should go with that system. A cheaper monitor will be lower refresh or lower resolution. If that is the case then a 1080 should be used if you drop resolution to 1080p. As far as refresh, your options will be 60hz, 75hz, and 144hz. The monitor will bottleneck the 1080ti if you get a 60hz, or a 75hz. You might was well go for a lesser GPU if that is the case.

You dont need a rad. The CPU cooler is an AIO (all in one) cooler and it comes with a rad. You just have to hook it up to the case.

For putting games and other media on a 5200rpm hdd wont matter for performance for the most part. But I would still recommend a 7200rpm. Typically the price difference is very small.