[SOLVED] Gaming build

Feb 15, 2021
Hi, I'm thinking of buying a new pc mainly for better performance in gaming. Now I'm stuck with the dilemma of choosing what to buy. I looked up some ready made builds but now wondering if it's even any good, as I don't know much about computers myself. Here is what I've looked at:

https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/pro...n-Gaming-Desktop-TG01-1056no-poytakone-Win-10

It's all in finish but it should automatically translate to English.

So now my question is, that is this build good? I'm looking to play all the games that are relevant now and I am really looking forwards to the release of bf6.

I'm looking for a smooth game play with no frame drops. So will this build give me what I'm looking for or would it be better to try and build one myself? I'm willing to pay 900€

Solution
That's pretty much entry level for a gaming pc, 10400F and 1660ti is decent for a standard 1080p monitor at 60-75Hz.

But there's 3 issues.

It's HP, which means budget everything. There'll be no top-line equipment, you get HP ordered stuff which is base model.

It's HP, which means upgrading much of anything becomes a battle, impossible in some cases. You'll be basically forever stuck with that cpu, according to HP bios, if you wanted a better cpu, you need to have bought the more expensive models.

It's mITX. Very limited on expansions, with everything from case fan headers to storage ports, there's literally no room to add more stuff, so you'll find you'd need to get creative just to add a fan or two, and even swapping out cpu...

Wolfshadw

Titan
It's an ok system. Little lower-end on the CPU and a middle of the road GPU.

Depends on what your current system specifications are and what your total spending budget is.

-Wolf sends

Edit: For the price, it's not bad, but you don't know the exact components being used.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jontten

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's pretty much entry level for a gaming pc, 10400F and 1660ti is decent for a standard 1080p monitor at 60-75Hz.

But there's 3 issues.

It's HP, which means budget everything. There'll be no top-line equipment, you get HP ordered stuff which is base model.

It's HP, which means upgrading much of anything becomes a battle, impossible in some cases. You'll be basically forever stuck with that cpu, according to HP bios, if you wanted a better cpu, you need to have bought the more expensive models.

It's mITX. Very limited on expansions, with everything from case fan headers to storage ports, there's literally no room to add more stuff, so you'll find you'd need to get creative just to add a fan or two, and even swapping out cpu coolers can be a challenge.

HP, like Dell or Sony or Lenovo offer pretty decent pc's for the price, they just do not lend themselves to upgrading performance for a better experience.

The dilemma is that while you can build a much better pc, you'll run into supply issues, namely the gpu. A 1660ti if normally €200 and sold everywhere is now costing €400 and sold nowhere but from scalpers or a seriously long waiting list. So a pre-built or boutique built pc is often a better choice as they are available Now, not 6 months from now, which can easily be the wait just for the gpu at a decent price.

Reactions: Jontten
Solution

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
I have that same cpu in my PC, and while a bit older, it gets the job done. The one thing I would have against that one is the 1650. That's a pretty entry level graphics card and I'd make sure you're ok with the performance you'll get from it.