Gaming capabilities of the new Macbook & Macbook vision coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I am thinking about buying a Macbook, but will be using it for some gaming too. I just want to know how powerfull the 320m Graphics card is. Will i be able to play games on bootcamp using my Steam account for Windows 7 easily? Or will it lag. I wont be outputting it on an external monitor so it would only be displaying it at 1200 x 800. Can i play MW2 and Bad Company 2 easily?
Thanks for your help :D

sidewinderx2

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
I am thinking about buying a Macbook, but will be using it for some gaming too. I just want to know how powerfull the 320m Graphics card is. Will i be able to play games on bootcamp using my Steam account for Windows 7 easily? Or will it lag. I wont be outputting it on an external monitor so it would only be displaying it at 1200 x 800. Can i play MW2 and Bad Company 2 easily?
Thanks for your help :D

On a laptop not running the games through bootcamp-ed Windows, you can only play MW2 and BC2 on low graphics quality with a 320m... though bootcamp, i'm pretty sure those games would be almost unplayable :/

vipers992

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
If your looking to game you will struggle to be entertained with a Macbook, you're very limited to what you can play and the hardware is far from equivelant to what you'd get out of a Windows Laptop for the same price.

Have you concidered a Windows Laptop?
The new HP Envy series packs a punch and are labelled as the Macbook rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.