liswara

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
What is the coolest ATX mid tower case that is not over than $. 60? Currently I’m building a gaming pc for my friend and he has a tight budget. The GPU is 8800GT and I know it produces a lot of heat so I need a good airflow case.

Considering a CoolerMaster C5 is a good choice with side transparent panel (for show off) and mesh front panel but it only comes with one 80mm front intake and one 120mm rear exhaust and I think it will not cool enough even I plan to add additional slot fan below the GPU.

Anyone pls help me choose. Thank’s.

If you're from seatle wa, then you may have a Fry's electronics. They should have at least one case on sale next week. Some are almost free after rebate on black friday. They recently had the antec 190 for $75 with no rebate. Well worth the extra $$. The cooler master is a good choice. It's not as good as the antec, but you can't expect too much for your budget. I've gotten 3 cases from fry's. One was a coolergiant with enermax ps for $15 after rebate. The other was an antec super lanboy with 2 120mm fans for $14 after rebate. The most recent was from fry's.com; an antec sonata II with 450w ps for $30 after rebate. And I've received all my rebates within 8-10 weeks.

liswara

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
Guys, the problem is I'm from South East Asia, Newegg doesn't services my country and the prices from Newegg is far too cheap compare to the same product that I can buy in my country. For Antec 900 that I bought 3 months ago cost me $.150.

Personally, CoolerMaster 690 interests me very much but the true but sad thing is it's still unavailable in my local distributor store. Guess I'm stuck with a generic bad product case with my friend $60 budget :(

What about iCute? What do you guys think? Thanks