[SOLVED] Gaming Chair Question

Jazara87

Prominent
Sep 14, 2019
Heya folks,

First time posting here so yay! Not sure if here is the right place to ask my question but here goes nothing. A friend of mine has a birthday coming up and I want to buy him a gaming chair. The only relevant one I found here in Israel is Horizon Sparko chair. When I went to see it it was written that it supports up to 120 kg in weight. Thing is my bud weights around 130.. Do you reckon it would be a smart purchase or am I risking it breaking within the 1st month?

Thank you for your help!!

Solution
I suggest you look for something that can if anything handle more than his weight. Everything from structural damage, to a wiggly base, to failing gas lift seals, to the seat cushion going flat in less than a year could result.

A good way to go for heavier gamers is forget about gaming chairs, since good ones are very overpriced, and instead look for an office chair rated for 24 Hour/24/7 use. These chairs are made for things like dispatch work where the person is sitting in them long hours. They are made to handle heavy bodies, and have thick seat cushions that last.

Chairs like that usually start at around $300, but at least you get what you pay for.
I suggest you look for something that can if anything handle more than his weight. Everything from structural damage, to a wiggly base, to failing gas lift seals, to the seat cushion going flat in less than a year could result.

A good way to go for heavier gamers is forget about gaming chairs, since good ones are very overpriced, and instead look for an office chair rated for 24 Hour/24/7 use. These chairs are made for things like dispatch work where the person is sitting in them long hours. They are made to handle heavy bodies, and have thick seat cushions that last.

Chairs like that usually start at around $300, but at least you get what you pay for.

Solution