Gaming Computer $1000-$1200 (monitor not included)

Dannomight

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP

Budget Range: $1000-$1200

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Video Editing

Parts Not Required:Speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ncix.com, canadacomputers.com

Parts Preferences:

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: Looking for monitor advice. Not included in the budget. 24 or 25 inch would be sufficient.

Additional Comments: Low expertise when it comes to computers. I want to get all my parts from the same site and have them build it for me. I do not want to build it myself.

There was a prebuilt on canadacomputers.com that looked close to what I wanted. A friend I asked for advice pointed out that the Cooler Master PSU might not be great, as well as the lack of an OS.

http://canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=7_121&item_id=046084

Dannomight

Honorable
May 29, 2012

I would very much prefer not to build it myself. Ideally it would ship built and with OS. I'm already out of my depth as it is.

MilesOSmiles

Honorable
May 29, 2012
He's trying to buy the parts separately (but from one outlet) and pay them to have them build it.

Unless you mean buy parts from multiple sites and then pay someone locally? One of the benefits of having someone like NCIX put it together is that they have a warranty for the complete system functioning then.

MilesOSmiles

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Sorry Azeem, I think you misunderstood him. He's looking for recommendations for any parts available from one site that will build it for him. The pre-built one he linked was just something he was looking at, but as he mentioned he realized it was flawed.

Any improvements on it would be most welcome.

(To clarify, I'm the friend he contacted. I put together a rough build from ncix but I haven't kept up in hardware advances in the past few years so I figured people here would be much more helpful.

I would build him the computer but I'm a thousand kilometers away. Also I'm lazy.)

Dannomight

Honorable
May 29, 2012

I'm willing and able to pay extra to avoid having to put it together myself.

Dannomight

Honorable
May 29, 2012

I will take a look on there. Do they have any pre-builts you would recommend? I don't know enough to put a list of parts together myself.

edit: I'm considering this build right now. If anyone sees any glaring flaws in it, please let me know.

http://pc.ncix.com/ncixpc_new/ncixpc.cfm?uuid=042964EA-4B41-416C-807715CBC176385C-4224900#PCTop