[SOLVED] Gaming computer appraisal

plusev

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2014
System is roughly two years old and the specs are below. How much money could I get approximately? I realize tech gets outdated fast but would $1750 CAD be asking for too much?

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass (Silver)
I7-8700K @ 5.0GHz (1.29v)
Asus Rog Maximus X Hero (WI-FI AC)
Corsair H115i Pro RGB
Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti XE
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (3200)
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
WD Black 2TB
EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

Thanks.

Solution
Looking around ebay at parts here what I've found

CPU: Seems to be going for anywhere between 350-500 CAD. However a comparable Ryzen 3600 is only 236 and a better Ryzen 3700 is 400 CAD.

Mobo: that's a tough one to price, again used prices seem to be in the 200+ range but the only ones getting bids are around 100, so realistically expect 100-150 CAD for it at best

Cooler: I wouldn't bother adding it to the cost and if you part out your system toss it in with the CPU/Mobo as a combo.

GPU: 1080ti is still a good card and seems to be going for around 450-650CAD. with the ones in the 400-500 range actually getting bids. If you expand out to the US though there are some in 300 range also since we have a far larger used market here and...
Looking around ebay at parts here what I've found

CPU: Seems to be going for anywhere between 350-500 CAD. However a comparable Ryzen 3600 is only 236 and a better Ryzen 3700 is 400 CAD.

Mobo: that's a tough one to price, again used prices seem to be in the 200+ range but the only ones getting bids are around 100, so realistically expect 100-150 CAD for it at best

Cooler: I wouldn't bother adding it to the cost and if you part out your system toss it in with the CPU/Mobo as a combo.

GPU: 1080ti is still a good card and seems to be going for around 450-650CAD. with the ones in the 400-500 range actually getting bids. If you expand out to the US though there are some in 300 range also since we have a far larger used market here and plenty of people will just ship it up North.

RAM: Maybe 65 CAD, probably alittle less

SSD: 80-100 CAD but there are cheaper ones in the US four roughly 70 CAD so again it would be something easy to ship up to Canada.

HDD: Are dirt cheap new and used these days, I know here in the US you can get used 2TB HDDs for 20 or 30 bucks, sometimes even cheaper if you find someplace selling old server stuff.

PSU: Another tough one to sell since many people wont know how many surges its been subjected to, how long its been left one etc. Again I would maybe add 50CAD to the cost if

These are just what the parts are going for individually, you can look around ebay and Facebook marketplace for comparable whole systems and figure out how much its worth, but again remember alot of PC prices are inflated waaaaay to high so make sure to keep an eye on things that are actually selling.

Solution
Thanks for the reply. I spent $4200 on this system a couple years back but I guess technology will always be a double edge sword.

That's the biggest problem with how people price out used systems, they go by what they spent and not what its actually worth. You also have the fact that AMD came out of no where in the last few years with Ryzen and basically cut the cost of CPUs in half. RAM prices also crashed hard since when many peopel built their systems a few years back paid a premium price, I know I spent 140 on 16GB of RAM and now the same 16GBs 70 USD.

The GPU is the most valuable part of you system by far, and is comparable to a RTX 2080 Super, however without Ray Tracing and the fact its used. Alot of people are apprehensive of buying 1080tis at the high end as well since so many were used for bit coin mining back in the day.