Gaming computer ASUS Sabertooth 990 FX R2.0 needs to be booted twice problem

Rolexlol

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015
Hello! I built this computer about 1 year ago or so. I'm currently having boot issues with this computer and I'm not sure what it is. The current specifications are as follows:
AMD FX - 8350 Vishera 8 core processor
Sabertooth 990 FX R2.0 AMD chip set
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16 GB RAM 2200 NB frequency
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980
Corsair h80 cooling
corsair 750 power supply.
To be more specific, when i boot up the computer every morning, it shows a black screen, sometimes passes the motherboard menu where it tells you to press F2 or Delete to enter BIOS, then it turns off completely. I press it again and every single time I do it for the second time it starts to work fine. Just to be clear I just got this power supply because I thought it was a power supply problem. Actually I first started with a used 1k corsair gold certified power supply, and that ended up breaking eventually so I purchased another which was a coolermaster 350. I figured I needed more juice so I purchased this new 750. What could be the issue here? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for the help in advance.

Rolexlol

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015

Hi, I apologize for the late response. According to CPU-Z it's DDR3 single channel NB Frequency 2200.0MHz

DRAM Frequency: 802.5 MHz
FSB:DRAM: 1:4
CAS#Latency(CL) 11.0 clocks
RAS# to CAS delay 11 clocks
RAS precharge 11 clocks
Cycle Time 28 clocks
Bank Cycle Time 39 clocks

Rolexlol

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015

How do I know if my BIOS needs an update?
I'll try cleaning as well see if it fixes the issue.

Rolexlol

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015
Looks like that was the problem. I used an air suppressor and literally a dust bowl came out of the computer. I guess I should clean it every 2 months or so. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS