Gaming Computer Crashes

Oct 22, 2018
I've been playing black ops 4 since launch with no problems what so ever then when i woke up yesterday everytime I would get into a game my computer would crash I spent 10 hours trying to figure it out so now I have given up and come to post about it finally. At first when it started crashing it would start up the BIOS and say that there was a CPU over temp. error but the BIOS said it was running at 52 degrees Celsius and wasn't hot at all (I opened up my case to check). I then proceeded to reinstall my CPU very carefully and reapplied thermal paste and made sure the cpu fan was running as it should which it was. Ever since then it has stopped doing that but now just gives me a blue screen of death almost every time and when it doesn't the entire computer just freezes until i force shut it down by holding the power button. I've reset my ram and cleaned it as to another thread I've seen off of this site but nothing seems to work. This has spread to where it happens in any game I play and after only about 2 minutes of play time. Doing anything other than gaming runs perfectly fine.

Specs (nothing is overclocked or has any changes they are running stock): EVGA 850 G2 80 plus gold certified PSU, Intel i7-7700k, 16 GB Trident Z 3200 DDR4 RAM, GTX 1080

tonyto

Prominent
Apr 4, 2018

Hey, you should try to put new hard disk , or try to reinstall the PC.