[SOLVED] Gaming Computer for Oculus Quest 2

DavidCivilEngineer

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
I am wanting to build a gaming computer to connect to a Samsung 4K television but I will be using the Oculus Quest 2 for playing games. My question is would I need to spend the money for a good graphics card if all games will be played through the Oculus?

Solution
I am wanting to build a gaming computer to connect to a Samsung 4K television but I will be using the Oculus Quest 2 for playing games. My question is would I need to spend the money for a good graphics card if all games will be played through the Oculus?
That depends if you want to play games at 4K, what games you want to play and if you want to play PCVR games (Such as Half Life Alyx) on your rift (BTW to connect to the rift to play PCVR games you'll need to buy the cable from Oculus (£89) and have a 5Gb USB C port on your PC. What are you intending to play?
That depends if you want to play games at 4K, what games you want to play and if you want to play PCVR games (Such as Half Life Alyx) on your rift (BTW to connect to the rift to play PCVR games you'll need to buy the cable from Oculus (£89) and have a 5Gb USB C port on your PC. What are you intending to play?

Solution