Gaming computer performance dropped

Feb 2, 2019
My gaming computer recently slowed down to the point where I was running games like ylands over 60 but now can't even get over 30 and fortnite over 200 but cant even exceed 60 and my overall performance on just opening google chrome has slowed down this started happening after I opened geforce experience and it installed something im not sure what but it slowed my computer down immensely System Gtx 1060 3 gb I7 6700 ddr4 2133 corsaire h60 2018 motherboard is b250 pc mate

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe your gaming computer's performance.

First while not gaming and then while gaming.

To observe while gaming just leave the window open and drag to one side. Game as usual but watch the open window to see what changes and were any bottlenecks occur.

Ralston18

Titan
Key: " this started happening after I opened geforce experience and it installed something im not sure what but it slowed my computer down immensely"

I recommend a closer look using both tools and be sure to sort data presentation via the column headers. And you may need to wait a bit - some background process starting up and causing the slowdowns. May not immediately happen.

If Task Manager and Resource Monitor are not revealing any bottlenecks then take a look at things via Performance Monitor.

In any case, uninstall GeForce experience. Download again and reinstall while carefully watching for any extra "somethings" that you can uncheck and avoid their installation.

Task Manager lists the applications etc. being launched at startup. You should be able to identify everything therein. If something is not identifiable then research accordingly. Find that "something".

Cumbersome and difficult to use but still, with some digging, identify a problem

Feb 2, 2019
So I recently discovered something now when I just start my computer up and play games the games run fine but after a while the performance starts decreasing so that gets me to start to believe that something is overheating or something is shot

Ralston18

Titan
Overheating perhaps - throttling down....

Shot - not so much as most likely would not work at all.

Continue using either Task Manager or Resource Monitor to watch what happens. Open before gaming, let the system stabilize, then play until performance again starts decreasing. Should be some indication of what is using or holding on to some system resource and creating the bottleneck/slowness.

Ralston18

Titan
You may be able to get it down provided there is not some physical hardware failure.

Hopefully just some issue with thermal paste or perhaps the cooler/fans.

Address the cooler first - confirm that it is working as required. Next step: carefully redo CPU thermal paste.