Commendable
Mar 1, 2020
I own a prebuilt ROG computer which consists of
i7-9700f
DDR4 16GB
GeForce RTX 2070s 8GB
1 TB HDD
512 GB SSD

The Problem: Enjoying game for maybe 5-15 mins and computer decides to freeze for a few seconds, monitor turns black, RGB accessories turn off at the same time as the PC shuts down and initiates a restart with no messages when turned back on.
I keep my pc physically clean and I also like to delete old things I am using, games, videos, apps etc. My computer doesn't seem to have the problem when playing lower end games such as Roblox, Minecraft, CSGO, Rocket League, Sims, typical games for the family, however on games that might require some more power like Forza Horizon 5, Battlefield 5, Grand Theft Auto 5 and even Fortnite occasionally. I restored all of performance apps back to factory settings after many months of this occurring (NVidia, Armoury Crate, Gamefirst VI) I feel beaten by the issue and I'm unable to enjoy my computer as I once did, any help or feedback would be much appreciated.

Danxtrem

Commendable
Mar 1, 2020
Probably, the PSU is not able to handle the load anymore. Those pre builts usually come with crap PSUs. I would start with testing with a high quality PSU. Also, check for error messages in Event Viewer and/or Reliability Monitor around crash time.
Looked it up, apparently it comes with a 500w PSU which is about ~30 off from bare minimum, would you say a 750w would do the trick?

DSzymborski

Titan
You can do better than either for the money.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G6 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ Walmart)
Total: $99.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-09-29 02:44 EDT-0400

The B5 is quite mediocre and not recommended while the G5 is OKish, a cutrate product made by FSP when EVGA was heavily cost-cutting post-tariff.

The G6, made by Seasonic, is far superior.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-750-g6-power-supply-review

Reactions: Hellfire13