gaming computer upgrading

vaultboy.i.h

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017
I really need ya’lls ideas and opinions for this....i’m looking to beef up my computer so i can run new/more demanding games mor efficiently. My current setup is only about 3 years old, but i’m starting to tell it’s struggling a bit with newer titles.

CPU- i3-6100 (upgrade to i7-6700K)
Graphics- GTX 960
Power Supply- EVGA 550GS
CPU cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Ran- 8 gb of HyperX Fury DDR4 (upgrade to 16 gb)
Motherboard- Asus Z170 A
Storage- 1 TB (needa cop another one of these as the current is almost full)

I’m pretty inexperienced, but would these changes cause more problems? Would they even work with my power supply or cooler? All helpful input is appreciated, thanks.

Solution
if you upgrade the motherboard bios, you can upgrade it to a 7700k.

6700k are discontinued now, and more expensive than 7700k in most retailer. as long as you are not overclocking, the 212 evo should be okay.

an ssd would be nice to have, but that depends on your budget,

as for storge, your motherboard should have enough sata ports for the additional drives.
if you upgrade the motherboard bios, you can upgrade it to a 7700k.

6700k are discontinued now, and more expensive than 7700k in most retailer. as long as you are not overclocking, the 212 evo should be okay.

an ssd would be nice to have, but that depends on your budget,

as for storge, your motherboard should have enough sata ports for the additional drives.

Solution

WildCard999

Titan
The 7700K runs really warm but the 212 should be ok if you keep it at stock clocks, as for your PSU it's one of the best ones out there so your all set with that. Personally though I'd sell your current CPU/MB, keep your RAM and everything else and get a i5-8400/H310 motherboard which would cost less then a i7 and perform just as good if not better due to the extra 2 cores over then 6700(K)/7700(k).

you mean the i5 8400?