Question gaming cut scene audio issue

a_rein

Reputable
Aug 3, 2016
TLDR; Sound effects and voice lines will randomly stop during cut scenes. The cut scene will continue on in silence. and then about half way thru sound starts playing from earlier in the scene and out of sync from whats actually happening on screen.

I've been playing Resident evil 3 for a couple hours now... but each and every cut scene has the exact same issue and for the life of my (and google) i cant seem to solve my problem.

The game itself play perfectly fine. no sound issues or graphical issues. but cut scenes seem to turn into spaghetti. The cut scene will begin... everything is normal for a few lines. then sound will basically just stop. silence while the scene continues on with subtitles. Then at some point the game decides that it wants to work again and it sounds like the dialog is being spoken in an echo chamber and is out of sync from whats happening on screen.

Once the cut scene has ended the voice lines may continue to play some times even after it has ended. During one particular cut scene where i am immediately thrown into action and have to run away. The problem is that the world outside of the immediate room I was in had not rendered yet and i was walking on nothing for a short time until walls and floor loaded in. Ive also had a moment where the nemesis was in my cut scene and he just casually walked over the top of me and continued to walk thru the wall that was behind me... with no sound of course... he completely disapeared and then popped back up on top of me and did his animation.

Im at a complete loss. Ive been gaming on this PC for over a year. and never experienced anything like this. The PC has High end specs, GTX 2070 TI - AMD R7 2070X - 16gb RAM. Im capable of running nearly all games on the highest or near highest setting. Never encountered an issue previously.

The issue ONLY occurs with a cut scene. Everything else goes flawlessly. Ive tried switching my audio around. ive tried enabling vsync. Im currently verifying my game cache. It makes it real hard to enjoy the cut scene and destroys my immersion when voice lines are playing a minute later then whats happening on screen.

ANY help or suggestion is Greatly appreciated!