[SOLVED] Gaming Desktop what's it worth ?

May 13, 2022
Going to sell my gaming desktop, wanting to know a rough estimated worth of the computer.

CASE: Mastercool HAF Stacker Modular Case 935
CPU: i7-4790K
GPU GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition
1TB SSD
500GB HDD
RAM: 16 GB
MOBO: MSI Gaming 7 Z97
PSU: 80+ Bronze
CPU Cooler: be quiet dual Fan air cooler
LED Lighting and control

Perfect Case for watercooling, curerently nothing in top section.

Solution
I would sell the GPU separately. GTX1080 is still a decent 'entry level' card with lots of VRAM. 1080p gaming is perfectly fine on one.

The rest of the system isn't worth a whole lot, but could make someone who just needs a basic system pretty happy. I would bundle that for about $150 and try to off load it that way. Parting it out will take a long time.

Comparable desktop:

https://www.newegg.com/dell-optiple...-workstations/p/1VK-0001-197E1?quicklink=true

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would sell the GPU separately. GTX1080 is still a decent 'entry level' card with lots of VRAM. 1080p gaming is perfectly fine on one.

The rest of the system isn't worth a whole lot, but could make someone who just needs a basic system pretty happy. I would bundle that for about $150 and try to off load it that way. Parting it out will take a long time.

Comparable desktop:

https://www.newegg.com/dell-optiple...-workstations/p/1VK-0001-197E1?quicklink=true

Last edited:
Solution

Comparable desktop:

The prices I quoted per part was from sold listings on ebay. The system without the graphics card is worth at least 250.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
The prices I quoted per part was from sold listings on ebay. The system without the graphics card is worth at least 250.

I agree the system is worth more. The problem is in selling it for what it is worth. Anyone that knows what they are buying isn't going to pay top dollar, and anyone else that is just looking for a cheap desktop will want a bargain.

Parting it out will likely result in less money, as there will be multiple shipping costs to factor in and the extreme likelihood of having parts remaining.

Cheap, preferably local, sale, gets rid of it with a lot less effort.

I agree the system is worth more. The problem is in selling it for what it is worth. Anyone that knows what they are buying isn't going to pay top dollar, and anyone else that is just looking for a cheap desktop will want a bargain.

Parting it out will likely result in less money, as there will be multiple shipping costs to factor in and the extreme likelihood of having parts remaining.

Cheap, preferably local, sale, gets rid of it with a lot less effort.
I suspect he could sell the entire PC for 350 rapidly, and 500 within a couple weeks.