Gaming equalizer for realtek

raydog

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
Hi. I have realtek alc885 onboard audio on my 680i sli mobo. I have the latest realtek drivers. I recently purchased a creative fatality headset and thought the sound would be much better when gaming. If i had a treble/bass adjust or a real equalizer I'm sure the sound would be much better. Is there any available for free downlaod. The headset sounds good through windows media player cuz it has an equalizer..but when playing games I'm hurtin.

Aintry

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
My Realtek software comes with something called 'Sound Effect Manager' which is accessed through the Windows 'Control Panel'. The SEM includes an equalizer. Do you want an EQ with more bands than the default Realtek EQ has?

raydog

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
I have the sound manager and the sound does not cut it. Was looking for more of an equalizer where u can adjust the setting to your liking on your own. No presets. Even a treble/ bass adjust I can adjust myself ( not preset), would do. Hate to buy a sound card just to have this feature.

Aintry

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Er, well, I just saved a custom EQ setting in 'Sound Effect Manager', so I'm not really certain what you're looking for. Sorry about that.

raydog

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
Are u running xp or vista? Cuz I can't find a sound effects manager. I have sound manager, but not sound effects manager and under sound manager I don't have an option to do custom. I'm running vista 32-bit.

1971Rhino

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008

I'm running Vista 32-bit. I used the drivers that came with my Mobo (EVGA 790i Ultra).... It had the sound effect manager. Then I saw on the realtek website there was an updated driver. I installed it and guess what? The sound effect manager was gone, and my line in function quit :cry: So I reinstalled the older software from the Mobo disk and I got the sound effect manager back. I don't know if there is a way to get it from the Realtek website or not.

(edit)

Maybe you could check to see if there is a download available from your MoBo manufacturer.

raydog

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
Can't find a download available anywhere. Tried realtek and the xfx site(680i sli mobo). I have realtek hd audio manager which has sound manager in it. All I want is a custom, not preset equalizer or bass/treble adjustments. Like something w/ a slider bar.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
i get the sound effect manager in XP but not vista.realtek is funny these days.have you tried download the lastest driver from realtek?
This is what it looks like.
sound%20manager.JPG

raydog

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
That's exactly what I want!!!but can't have. Yes I have vista, and don'y have access to that equalizer u have....or do i? CAn I download it? or something like it? I'm hurtin.

Bad Cyborg

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
I agree. For Vista, I've so far only seen 10-band equalizer settings on HP's dv3000 series notebook. It works only with Sigmatel's IDT ID92HD71B7.

A similar topic about the lack of 10-band equalizer on Vista drivers can be found on Guru3D.

G

If anybody is still interested in this, i think i have the solution, to have the 10 band equalizer (like in XP) in Win 7 (and hopefully on vista) with some 'tweak'
That worked me:

First uninstall all audio drivers, and before restarting install the realtek hd audio driver (what is on the realtek site) After that restart the pc and install the ac 97 audio driver for xp (run in compatibility mode, it worked fine for me) After the restart find the the Realtek AC97 folder in program files, then run RTLCPL.exe and the 'xp style' sound manager should open with the good old eq.

This eq controls the same >things< so if you press the rock button here and open the hd audio manager you will see the changes there also. If you set something what is different from the presets the hd manager will display ' <none> ' After you have the setting save them as Default, then you won't need to to this again after restart. Keep in mind that if you modify something in the hd manager you have to set the eq in RTLCPL.exe.

I don't know if it will work for everybody but it worth a try.
I have an msi p965 neo motherboard, running windows 7 prof 64 bit. (its not cracked, it is legal from university)

Sorry for my bad English, i'm from Hungary, but hope this will help

ltGuillaume

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
You're right, thank you so much! There's even a much easier way:

1. Download the AC'97 driver for Windows 7 (ZIP-file)
2. Extract ONLY rtlcpl.exe from the directory for your system ("Vista" for 32-bit Vista/7, "Vista64" for 64-bit Vista/7)
(I don't think it'll matter which one you pick actually, both are 32-bit programs, both work, but they're not the same files)
3. Run the file and do your thing
4. If you want to save the settings for later installations, the Equalizer presets are saved in the registry under the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Avance\AC97 Audio\EQ

I have to say, though, the equalizer isn't really good... Not comparable to what's in foobar2000 for example.

sam55

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009

OMIGOD, ITGuillaume! You are my all-time hero!

It works! It works!

I've spent days trawling the net trying to find some s/w that does the GE job - and you've given us a really easy and free fix.

Jeez, ain't Vista cr*p? Realtek is not much better. Whatever possessed them to provide such a Mikky Maus sound manager for the 'wonderful all-singing, all-dancing, multimedia' Vista...??

ltGuillaume

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Yeah man, it was quite an issue for me, too, but thanks to the people in this topic I found an easy solution.

It's Windows 7 for me, by the way. I have totally skipped Vista :sol:

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Was looking for the same topic. Just installed HD Audio R2.41, and what do you know... I'm getting "change to graphic EQ" button. Somebody finally woke up at Realtek. Super Thanks.

hebli

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010

Tylox1

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012

I want that eq back, the one in the picture! I had it on my ancient old e machine pc, then it crashed a little so I got this vista 64 bit and everything I used to love about pc is dead. Nothing is the same, and this sound really stinks without my old realtek EQ. Damn HP , damn Vista, damn it all, I keep trying to get the eq , I got it from the zip file, but I can look at it and adjust the slider bars but the eq is NOT doing anything to the sound coming out of my pc. How do I channel the sound through the eq I downloaded that resembles the RT eq you posted in picture!!! LOL FRUSTRATED and com illitterate me.