Gaming headset help under $50

sitkces

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014
i'll use our country's price and convert it to usd. I'm currently looking for a headset and what i have in my mind is the HyperX Cloud stinger which costs around $52 USD, the HyperX Cloud Core around $49 USD, Asus Cerberus headset $43 USD, Plantronic RIG 500 $46 USD. What is the best among these and i can also accept some suggestions.

Solution
The only one out of that mix that I have experience with is the HyperX Cloud Core. In my opinion, it's definitely up there with the best you can get for the price (can't rule out headsets I haven't tried). I prefer them over Logitech G320's (too bassy, not very clear), Turtlebeach Z11's (very uncomfortable but sounded alright), and Steelseries Arctis 3 (really uncomfortable and sounds slightly worse but same sort of sound signature).

I warn that the sound is light on bass (this is important if you come from other gaming headsets, if you like bass, stay clear) but sound very good for the price. I've got HM5 pads on mine which make them very comfortable but the stock are perfectly fine. This is one of the main reasons I picked this...

audie-tron25

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
The only one out of that mix that I have experience with is the HyperX Cloud Core. In my opinion, it's definitely up there with the best you can get for the price (can't rule out headsets I haven't tried). I prefer them over Logitech G320's (too bassy, not very clear), Turtlebeach Z11's (very uncomfortable but sounded alright), and Steelseries Arctis 3 (really uncomfortable and sounds slightly worse but same sort of sound signature).

I warn that the sound is light on bass (this is important if you come from other gaming headsets, if you like bass, stay clear) but sound very good for the price. I've got HM5 pads on mine which make them very comfortable but the stock are perfectly fine. This is one of the main reasons I picked this headphone since most gaming headphone earpad's are glued on so it either works or you just make do. Important if you live in a warm environment since you can get velor pads for these.

I would steer clear of the Asus Cerberus and the Plantronics Rig500. They look like they could be uncomfortable and quality issues seem to be common.

Solution

sitkces

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014

So far hyperx cloud core has the most regiew and almost always 5 stars. Asus cerberus headset arctic white costs $49 on amazon and found out that it only costs $40 here in our country, but i cant seem to find any mic tests for the asus spcerberus headsets.

sitkces

Honorable
Nov 16, 2014

Well i have a headset here which is just around $5 USD lol sound is not good but with some tweaking using the Nahimic audio, Overall audio quality becomes better (shooting game preset) and i could easily hear footsteps while playing shooting games (CS:GO, PUBG), i may get the HyperX Cloud Core now after saving up some more. I was generally surpirsed about the Cloud Core price here in our country looking at amazon it retailed for about $60+ while here in our country the lowest i can find retail price is just around $43 which i guess is a plus because its cheaper :)