[SOLVED] Gaming headset

johnnydots

Commendable
Jul 6, 2019
hi,
so i'm intending to buy a new gaming headset but i dont want to spend too much on it. currently i have 2 options, hyperx cloud stinger and hyperx cloud earbuds. both are priced at $40. is the sound quality of hyperx cloud earbuds better than stinger? i personally dont like ear cups wrapping around my ears, but if stinger has better quality then i'll go for it.

Solution
well, the reason i cheap out on my headset is because my setup was a gift from my parents for me getting into a good university, i cant fork out money on my own, so i just want to cut cost, but if that's the case then i'll eat instant noodles for the rest of this month lol

You should be able to find the HyperX Cloud Alphas used pretty easily, they are $100 but I was able to find an almost new pair for $50. My son has the HyperX Stinger, which is OK sounding but the Alpha is clearly better. Arctis models are also nice sounding, a bit less low end than the Alpha but also a bit more airy sounding. If you like classical music and acoustic guitar the Arctis may be better, if you like distorted guitar or more bass like music like...
hi,
so i'm intending to buy a new gaming headset but i dont want to spend too much on it. currently i have 2 options, hyperx cloud stinger and hyperx cloud earbuds. both are priced at $40. is the sound quality of hyperx cloud earbuds better than stinger? i personally dont like ear cups wrapping around my ears, but if stinger has better quality then i'll go for it.
Over ear will always be better until you're spending a lot of money on them. And even then over ears at the same price will be better. Unless you're buying beats.

Reactions: johnnydots
hi,

Few things with headphones, audio is in the same range of computer experience as a monitor, keyboard and mouse. How fast and fancy your computer is does not matter if your interface to it is not good, you use your computer through the interfaces. Your specs in the signature has top of the line stuff, but you want to cheap out on the actual experience you have using it? It's like buying a fancy car then buying cheap tires for it and ruining the ride and handling.

Spend a bit more and get some good audio, Cooler Master MH-751 is very good for the price but is sold out in many places, because it is good. Another option is the HyperX Clouds for about the same price. Both are based on good quality headphones, and will sound better than the Stingers.

johnnydots

Commendable
Jul 6, 2019
Few things with headphones, audio is in the same range of computer experience as a monitor, keyboard and mouse. How fast and fancy your computer is does not matter if your interface to it is not good, you use your computer through the interfaces. Your specs in the signature has top of the line stuff, but you want to cheap out on the actual experience you have using it? It's like buying a fancy car then buying cheap tires for it and ruining the ride and handling.

Spend a bit more and get some good audio, Cooler Master MH-751 is very good for the price but is sold out in many places, because it is good. Another option is the HyperX Clouds for about the same price. Both are based on good quality headphones, and will sound better than the Stingers.
well, the reason i cheap out on my headset is because my setup was a gift from my parents for me getting into a good university, i cant fork out money on my own, so i just want to cut cost, but if that's the case then i'll eat instant noodles for the rest of this month lol

You should be able to find the HyperX Cloud Alphas used pretty easily, they are $100 but I was able to find an almost new pair for $50. My son has the HyperX Stinger, which is OK sounding but the Alpha is clearly better. Arctis models are also nice sounding, a bit less low end than the Alpha but also a bit more airy sounding. If you like classical music and acoustic guitar the Arctis may be better, if you like distorted guitar or more bass like music like rap, then Alphas. Alphas are also more isolating. Difference between 40,50 and 100 is not too much when you consider you can easily use this headset for years. Might as well spend a bit more that gives you better enjoyment from your setup than buy something really not that much cheaper that you will then be thinking "I should have gotten the better model" for the next year and eventually you will cave in and buy the good thing anyway LOL

If you are looking for earbuds, I would suggest the Tin T2, with foam tips being used. They are about $50 or less if on sale or on Drop (massdrop), and sound very good and clear. Only catch is that the foam tips are pretty much needed as I found them to lack just about 10,15% of bass I like with rubber tips. Foam tips isolate the sound more and make the bass lower. Benefit there is you can use them when walking around as well as with the computer.

Solution

johnnydots

Commendable
Jul 6, 2019
You should be able to find the HyperX Cloud Alphas used pretty easily, they are $100 but I was able to find an almost new pair for $50. My son has the HyperX Stinger, which is OK sounding but the Alpha is clearly better. Arctis models are also nice sounding, a bit less low end than the Alpha but also a bit more airy sounding. If you like classical music and acoustic guitar the Arctis may be better, if you like distorted guitar or more bass like music like rap, then Alphas. Alphas are also more isolating. Difference between 40,50 and 100 is not too much when you consider you can easily use this headset for years. Might as well spend a bit more that gives you better enjoyment from your setup than buy something really not that much cheaper that you will then be thinking "I should have gotten the better model" for the next year and eventually you will cave in and buy the good thing anyway LOL

If you are looking for earbuds, I would suggest the Tin T2, with foam tips being used. They are about $50 or less if on sale or on Drop (massdrop), and sound very good and clear. Only catch is that the foam tips are pretty much needed as I found them to lack just about 10,15% of bass I like with rubber tips. Foam tips isolate the sound more and make the bass lower. Benefit there is you can use them when walking around as well as with the computer.
you're right haha, might as well play games with my speakers for a while