[SOLVED] Gaming Headset

JediMa

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2013
I would like to buy new headest for gaming to use with PC:
  • surround 7.1
  • wired
  • good for music too
I'm using HyperX Cloud 2. I'm considering HyperX Revolver S but any good advice is welcome.

Budget under 200 euro :) ty

Solution
In my opinion true 7.1 headphones are awful for music and really everything other than determining direction and distance of sound in a game, even then i'd prefer a good open back dual driver studio headphone with good soundstage.

I'd personally rather have the hyper x cloud 2s than those revolvers. The cloud line are based on the pretty good takstar pro 80 studio headphones.

I use a pair of sennheiser HD58X's with a mod mic and am very happy with it. If you really want a pair of "gaming" headphones pretty much the only thing I could bring myself to recommend are the sennheiser game zeros which from my understanding are basically sennheiser HD558s with a coat of red gamer paint, a mic, and a bass boost.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
In my opinion true 7.1 headphones are awful for music and really everything other than determining direction and distance of sound in a game, even then i'd prefer a good open back dual driver studio headphone with good soundstage.

I'd personally rather have the hyper x cloud 2s than those revolvers. The cloud line are based on the pretty good takstar pro 80 studio headphones.

I use a pair of sennheiser HD58X's with a mod mic and am very happy with it. If you really want a pair of "gaming" headphones pretty much the only thing I could bring myself to recommend are the sennheiser game zeros which from my understanding are basically sennheiser HD558s with a coat of red gamer paint, a mic, and a bass boost.

Reactions: JediMa
Solution
The Cloud 2 you already have is a good quality and good sounding headset, I doubt for a "gaming" headset you will do better, you may get a different sound signature, but "better" is tough to say and depends on what you like to hear. The Game Zero above would be a good one to try, or you can get any standard headphone and add in a mic to them. If Drop.com delivers to your country and you don't mind waiting a bit, you can find some interesting things there to try.