[SOLVED] Gaming Headsets In Comfort

Gekiha

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Hey! So I brought a new headset, the Sennheiser GSP 350. I've always been a huge fan of the brand and owned at least five of their earphones for music previously, so figured I'd give their gaming headsets a try. Honestly, the sound is absolutely great, and I'm very satisfied with the purchase. But...

They're not comfortable at all. Just one hour in, and my ears hurt like crazy. I've owned an MSI headset before, and I don't remember it being that bad. This is just my first day of using them, so all my friends keet telling me that it's normal for a gaming headset to feel uncomfortable at first, especially since the earpads are made of leather. Is it true that it takes time for leather to feel softer? Because the headset is honestly great and everything else about it is perfect.

Thanks!

Solution
it sounds like you want to like them but they hurt.
if they hurt you will not use them.
if you do not use them why did you buy them?

they honestly do not look comfy. I would send them back. slightly lower audio quality is a fair toss up for something that you CAN ACTUALLY use for more than an hour.
earcups should be big and soft and comfy. something like this, my headset. now discontinued. these things are stupid comfy because that is the first thing to usability. can you use them a long time?
iu

if no, every other metric does not matter.

Leather will supple up, but if the padding is hard just the surface will soften.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador

they honestly do not look comfy. I would send them back. slightly lower audio quality is a fair toss up for something that you CAN ACTUALLY use for more than an hour.
earcups should be big and soft and comfy. something like this, my headset. now discontinued. these things are stupid comfy because that is the first thing to usability. can you use them a long time?
iu

Leather will supple up, but if the padding is hard just the surface will soften.

Solution

Gekiha

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

iu

I sure do like them but surely won't keep using them if that comfort level stays as is. I was just confused because all the reviews claimed them to be super comfy. Guess I'll just have to wait and see!

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
reviews are great and all but only you have your head, only you have your ears. How tall were the reviewers? did they even mention that? they never do.
headset, keyboards, monitors, mouse/trackball, chair,speakers. for all the tactile devices on your system reviews are only helpful, laying hands on, so to speak is priceless.

Reactions: Gekiha