[SOLVED] Gaming in Windows 10 vs Server vs LTSC vs all their Windows 11 equivalents

Anston06

Reputable
Apr 21, 2020
I have Windows 11 and I only upgraded to it because it was supposed to have better DirectStorage. I seem to get better fps, but I haven't officially compared results. I know Windows Server doesn't like drivers, but if you were able to install all the drivers, I'm just curious how it does. So, does anyone know the difference between all these OS's in gaming performance?

Solution
I'm not really convinced there's any thing majorly different about the server versions that would make playing a game any worse or better than a standard Home version. As long as all of the software libraries and drivers are there, the difference should just be noise.

As far as I know, the only thing the server versions differ is stripping away software that isn't really needed on a server (like say Paint or the pre-loaded Microsoft Store apps) and having other relevant services enabled. It should be the same core OS otherwise because that keeps development simpler.
I'm not really convinced there's any thing majorly different about the server versions that would make playing a game any worse or better than a standard Home version. As long as all of the software libraries and drivers are there, the difference should just be noise.

As far as I know, the only thing the server versions differ is stripping away software that isn't really needed on a server (like say Paint or the pre-loaded Microsoft Store apps) and having other relevant services enabled. It should be the same core OS otherwise because that keeps development simpler.

Solution