[SOLVED] Gaming is lagging

Jul 17, 2019
Hello, i can't play games as smoothly as i expected, games like dark souls 3, monster hunter world, nioh are laggy for me and it's really dissapointing and makes me frustrated.
Here are the information :
-Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
-H97M Pro4 Asrock motherboard
- kingfury 2x4GB ram
-MSI GTX 1660 ti
-corsair power supply 600W
-Windows 10-64bit
Can anyone could tell me the reasons. Thanks in advance!

Solution
I am playing at 1920x1080 resolution. Thanks for the advice, will try out the suggestions given

Very odd, because i am playing Monster Hunter at 1080p (at medium altough) with ±60 fps with a much older system and 8 gigs of ram.
With your GPU Monster Hunter should not be laggy at all even at high. I7 and 16 GB Ram is overkill atm in my opinion.
Do you have all drivers up to date? As our colleague said, try a fresh install of windows and monitor your components with MSI Afterburner to see if something is bottle necking your system, although I doubt it.

Good luck!
Use some kind of software that can monitor your Usage for the CPU, RAM, ETC... MSI afterburner would work nicely.

I suspect either your CPU or RAM is maxing out. Maybe even both.

I recommend this for a quick fix...

i7 4790 and 16GB DDR3. Should work better after that.

But in the meantime try doing a fresh Windows install and try to keep no open programs other than your game.

Also try playing with the setting in your games a bit and see if something else works better.

Also could you tell me what resolution you're playing at? If you're trying to play at 4k I'm sorry to say your GPU isn't quite there.

anastasiu.andrei.paul

Commendable
Aug 16, 2018
I am playing at 1920x1080 resolution. Thanks for the advice, will try out the suggestions given

Very odd, because i am playing Monster Hunter at 1080p (at medium altough) with ±60 fps with a much older system and 8 gigs of ram.
With your GPU Monster Hunter should not be laggy at all even at high. I7 and 16 GB Ram is overkill atm in my opinion.
Do you have all drivers up to date? As our colleague said, try a fresh install of windows and monitor your components with MSI Afterburner to see if something is bottle necking your system, although I doubt it.

Good luck!

Solution