[SOLVED] Gaming issues with New Ryzen system

dylza

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018
So I've recently upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 3700x from an i5 6600k
(Note: RAM and GPU worked perfectly fine in the Intel system)
and have followed the common procedures of doing a fresh install of windows and updated the bios, i even recently tried to make my ram timings better as i feel the RAM may be where the issue lies. As i tried playing borderlands 2 and threw me an error regarding not enough memory and i doubt its VRAM when i have a 1080ti.

(Old system was an i5 6600k oc to 4.2ghz with a cryorig cooler and a gigabyte gaming z170x mobo, other than those rest were same parts)

My current system now is:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x - stock speeds and volts
Cooler - Included Wraith prism
Motherboard: Asrock x570 Taichi
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb (2x8gb - CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 11gb 1080ti
SSD: WD Blue 250gb
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2tb 7200rpm
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold 750watts
Case: Fractal Design Define R6

For the current System:
Max temps were 75c on CPU
Max temps were 69 - 75c on GPU

When running cinebench R20 a few times nothing goes wrong i only seem to get issues 5 - 10 minutes into certain games and the computer will freeze and i will need to use task manager to stop the application to take me back to the desktop.

Some games don't crash but most of them do..
Tom Clancy's Breakpoint, Risk of rain 2 and Senua's Sacrafice (didn't play too much of it) didn't crash however Darksiders 3, Borderlands 2, Risk of rain 2 (on a rare occasion would crash), and HITMAN. Also getting a weird alt tab issue with dota 2 but unsure if that is related to this..

The reason i keep mentioning memory is the issue is that the only connection i can make to why it wouldn't be working is that on the ASrock site for the x570 Taichi is because my memory is not supported under the QVL list for Matisse.

Thanks if anyone could help, because I'm unsure whats wrong..

Last edited:
Solution
First off, I would not be concerned about the exact model of RAM you have not actually being on the QVL. I do believe you listed the wrong model number though, as the frequency designation part of it should be 3200, not 32100. I get Vengeance LPX when I switch it to 3200, nothing in Google at 32100. Corsair has tons of RAM models, most MB manufacturers don't test every single one.

That said, it's always best to do the traditional test one RAM stick at a time in the first slot to ensure both work, then follow with a thorough Memtest86 with both modules, running all tests. It will take over 2 hrs and there should be zero errors.

You should also probably check to see if you need a BIOS update to better support the 3700X. If by chance...
First off, I would not be concerned about the exact model of RAM you have not actually being on the QVL. I do believe you listed the wrong model number though, as the frequency designation part of it should be 3200, not 32100. I get Vengeance LPX when I switch it to 3200, nothing in Google at 32100. Corsair has tons of RAM models, most MB manufacturers don't test every single one.

That said, it's always best to do the traditional test one RAM stick at a time in the first slot to ensure both work, then follow with a thorough Memtest86 with both modules, running all tests. It will take over 2 hrs and there should be zero errors.

You should also probably check to see if you need a BIOS update to better support the 3700X. If by chance you play Destiny 2, you should be using at least as late a version as 1.80. https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Taichi/#BIOS

Solution

dylza

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018

You should also probably check to see if you need a BIOS update to better support the 3700X. If by chance you play Destiny 2, you should be using at least as late a version as 1.80. https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Taichi/#BIOS

Yeah sorry 3200mhz 16gb ram (just a miss type) . I am currently running the bios version 2.50 but i could give the newest beta one a go. I will also try the one ram stick and a memtest86 too then thanks.