Question Gaming Laptop fan making grinding noise ?

Aug 16, 2020
Hi,
This just started happening a couple of weeks ago -- the right-hand side fan of my gaming laptop is making a weird grinding noise. It is extremely loud and even with noise-cancelling headphones, it is slightly noticeable. When I slightly hit the side of the laptop, the fan noise seems to stop for 30 seconds then it continues on again. What does this mean?
Help!

Hi,
This just started happening a couple of weeks ago -- the right-hand side fan of my gaming laptop is making a weird grinding noise. It is extremely loud and even with noise-cancelling headphones, it is slightly noticeable. When I slightly hit the side of the laptop, the fan noise seems to stop for 30 seconds then it continues on again. What does this mean?
Help!
Could mean that fan's bearing is shot or something may have fallen n it.

May 17, 2021
How long do you have your laptop? You should really start to clean your laptop. It could be that something has fallen into the fan and it can't come out. That is why it will stop when you bump it. Otherwise you should replace your fans. Maybe the laptop has fallen you down and now something is broken in the fan.