[SOLVED] Gaming Laptop For Sale doesn't match Manufacturer Specs listed on Website

Jan 21, 2021
Recently I've been thinking of buying a budget gaming laptop, namely the Zephyrus G14. Although I'm not in the ideal region to buy legit tech products(SEA), there are some reputable tech shops near me that claim to only sell authorized goods. So I looked at the G14 they sold, and the specs listed on the product site of the shop I am buying from do not match any of Asus's models on the official site. For example, all the different versions of the laptop I am considering have at least 16GB ddr4 on board ram and 1 TB SSD, but on the shop's product page it is listed as having only 8GB of on board ram and 512GB SSD.

I am not sure if this is because the product has been changed by a third party, or because the model is older, but I would like to know if this is normal and if I should buy it or not, or if someone else has had the same experience.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Solution
Aside from the model range differences, the shop site may simply be wrong in what they list. Really the best way to verify what you are getting and to protect yourself in case it's wrong and you need to return it would be to contact the sales support for the store and verify the system specs with them, and verify the details if you do purchase it in the ordering process as you go to pay for it. Meaning don't just click next next next pay, actually read exactly what it tells you you are getting. Keep that documentation around if there is an issue and they ship you different specs from what you ordered.
Aside from the model range differences, the shop site may simply be wrong in what they list. Really the best way to verify what you are getting and to protect yourself in case it's wrong and you need to return it would be to contact the sales support for the store and verify the system specs with them, and verify the details if you do purchase it in the ordering process as you go to pay for it. Meaning don't just click next next next pay, actually read exactly what it tells you you are getting. Keep that documentation around if there is an issue and they ship you different specs from what you ordered.

Solution