Question Gaming laptop Low FPS for no reason on Windows.

Feb 28, 2020
Hello guys! First of all let me present you the laptop.
Hp Pavilion Gaming 144 hz screen, Nvidia GTX 1650 4 GB, 8 GB RAM, 256 ssd ( windows) and 480 ssd ( linux ) i5 9300h.

The issue is really weird, I play Only CS GO and WoW Wotlk.
In CS GO I have really low frames compared to what I saw on youtube on Windows ( low full HD , 100-160) similar specs on youtube ran 200+ on high, and that's not even the biggest issue, the biggest issue is that I have frame drops from time to time, don't know why, my hardware should be capable of those FPS.
And now, the really weird stuff, I installed Linux, Pop os latest version and use it successfully and when I started CS GO, 300 FPS ALL THE TIME ON LOW( except player models, I like my skins ) NO drops at all, game runs much better.
I have tried everything, power mode, graphics settings igpu and dedicated gpu too( that's not the issue, 30-60% max usage on windows and the IGPU , intel 630 is at 30-40%, on linux 90-99( the nvidia one ). Processor stays between 30-40 % linux and windows, with spikes to 60.
Temps are fine for a laptop, 50-70 Nvidia Gpu, processor 90-95.
The obvious solution would be to play on Linux, but FaceIT anticheat does not work on Linux and Matchmaking has a lot of cheaters even that my trust factor is really high.

Thank you very much for reading this I tried to be as comprehensive as I could, if there are any other questions feel free to ask so I can solve this issue once and forever.

Feb 28, 2020
Coming with an update: my temps were way off, the maximum temp that I hit is 83 C on procesor and 60, maybe 70 if it's warm in the room on GPU.
I tried a lot of games : Tomb Raider ( maxed out settings ) FiFA 19, all maxed out. COD Warzone, all maxed out. Pushing really nice frames on each with good usage ( over 90 ) on gpu, and the cpu is used to all it's glory.

Seems like the problem is on CS GO only, and I don't know why. All the settings are done, performance guided, everything is as it should be. A friend of mine with an identical system, but Lenovo, gets way better frames than me, about 180-300 all the time. Frames are important in CS GO with a 144 hz screen, when it drops below it looks like freezing and it's not really enjoyable on a competitive level.

Hopefully we'll sort this out.

Also go to nvidia control panel and under "manage 3d settings" find CSGO from the drop down menu, then find "power management mode" and select "prefer maximum performance" then below save/apply and exit.

You need to restart csgo to test again after this.

Feb 28, 2020
Whats your ram usage ingame ? download msi afterburner and rivaturner and use the overlay ingame to check whats up in csgo :
https://pcgamehaven.com/easily-monitor-cpu-gpu-usage-gaming/

4.5 gb as I recall from MSI Afterburner, that's the software that I use.

Also go to nvidia control panel and under "manage 3d settings" find CSGO from the drop down menu, then find "power management mode" and select "prefer maximum performance" then below save/apply and exit.

You need to restart csgo to test again after this.

It's done. That's why the issue is so weird for me .

Feb 28, 2020
Did you get any Motherboard VR thermal throttling during the 5min? You can see "Cpu utilization" drop during the benchmark super heavily, and your currently power limit and current throttling (yellow symbol)

No motherboard VR throttling , just those two yellow one. the TDP is around 40 ( average ) with a max of 60. Intel turbo boost for short period of time is set to 90 w while the turbo boost power is at 45. See attached picture for all the info.

https://ibb.co/ZX6x47w