Honorable
Jul 18, 2016
I bought a Razer gaming laptop:
  • Intel Core i7-12800H
  • Windows 11 Home
  • 17.3" 360Hz Full HD
  • GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
  • 32GB 4800MHz RAM, 1TB SSD
Its running windows 11 and it's really good but in the last week, every time girlfriend foes to play a game on it (Sims), the screen shuts off and wont turn back on, or flashes on and off, super confused as to what the issue could be? I've tried an external monitor that also doesn't help and the issue keeps happening

I've updated all drivers, I havent done a fresh windows install but thought id ask here first before doing it.

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
I bought a Razer gaming laptop
Brand new?

Razer have a number of laptops listed under their portfolio, which model do you have? Does the issue crop up with Sims alone? If not then you might want to see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending. have you tried using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstalling the latest GPU driver from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Where did you source the installer for the game?

Duke_4

Honorable
Jul 18, 2016
I bought a Razer gaming laptop
Brand new?

Razer have a number of laptops listed under their portfolio, which model do you have? Does the issue crop up with Sims alone? If not then you might want to see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending. have you tried using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstalling the latest GPU driver from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Where did you source the installer for the game?
Hello, Brand new yes, I am unsure about the model, will have to get back to you on that one. No it happens with every game, Sims was installed from Steam, I will check the BIOS and retry the GPU drivers,

Its a really good laptop and never had this issue before until maybe the past month, also sometimes games like Little Nightmares, a few older games just outright crash, so I think perhaps a full reinstall of Windows will be needed, but still very interested in your thoughts,

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
If the issue cropped up after an OS update or an update of sorts by either of your drivers(on your laptop) then perhaps that's the issue. I wouldn't dare say that Synapse might be the root cause...since it's a Razer branded app but then again, I avoid anything with a Razer logo on it.

Duke_4

Honorable
Jul 18, 2016
Yeah, I cant lie, I fanboyed when buying it was a dream as a kid having a monster of a laptop and its perfect for her, just very frustrating, should have just got another PC ahha. I will make an effort to see if removing Synapse fixes it, it feels like de ja vu but I swear synapse used to mess things up, will do a fresh install of Windows and go from there.

Thank you sir and will update in a few hours.

TRENDING THREADS