[SOLVED] Gaming laptop severely underperforming

Aug 5, 2019
Hello.

My laptop is currently doing real bad right now. About a week and a half ago, my laptop was doing just fine. Playing games like Warframe, and GTA with no problems. And all of a sudden, my laptop's performance in gaming is absolutely horrible. I usually run Warframe on medium to high settings with 60 fps capped. (60Hz screen), and now I'm putting all the settings on low and it's barely reaching 30 fps. I've had this laptop since late 2017, and it's never done this before. I honestly do not know what caused it. It was so sudden. My laptop is plugged in when gaming so I don't think its that. All drivers updated too. If you have any suggestions for me to hear, please tell me. This is very frustrating. Thanks in advance.

Laptop: Asus ROG GL502VT

Specs:

Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970m GDDR5 6 GB
16 GB RAM
128 GB SSD
1TB HDD

Solution
Is your Laptop overheating by any chance, CPU or GPU ? Have you tried doing a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers by using the DDU tool ?

Try to install the OEM VGA drivers form your Laptop Manufacturer's Website, ASUS in this case. Under the "Support" section, there are links for the download. Try updating all your system drivers, including chipset drivers, BIOS, and other firmware for your Laptop.

For LAPTOPS, in case of any performance degradation, it is recommend that you try installing the OEM VGA drivers instead. Are you using Windows 10 OS ? Just make sure the Game is using the GPU, and not the Intel's integrated graphics.
Is your Laptop overheating by any chance, CPU or GPU ? Have you tried doing a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers by using the DDU tool ?

Try to install the OEM VGA drivers form your Laptop Manufacturer's Website, ASUS in this case. Under the "Support" section, there are links for the download. Try updating all your system drivers, including chipset drivers, BIOS, and other firmware for your Laptop.

For LAPTOPS, in case of any performance degradation, it is recommend that you try installing the OEM VGA drivers instead. Are you using Windows 10 OS ? Just make sure the Game is using the GPU, and not the Intel's integrated graphics.

Solution