Question Gaming laptop shutting down dispite “stable temps”

Sep 8, 2021
so my laptop has been shutting down after gaming for about half an hour. It makes a click noise shuts down and then boot loops.

now the back story I have Hp Owen 15 i7 8750h rtx 2060 16gb ram with a cooling solution made of chewing gum and rusty car parts. So as result I’ve have down clocked and under volted cpu after only a few months of gaming as my stock cpu-gpu temps would shoot up to 92-99 with in about 10 mins of gaming.

with the under volt and down clock my temps hover around 80c not idea but so much better than before as result I always have msi temps in the coner which I watch. And I’ve also repasted twice (mx-4) in the 1.5 years I’ve had it.

The laptop shuts off dispite “stable temps”. Invida driver and windows have been updated. I could try fresh install of windows but I really don’t want to as I have really rubbish internet and would take a month redownload my games library.

If anyone could help with any trouble shooting steps to help me figure out what is making it shut down. My thought if it’s not temps it’s power delivery.
Tia