[SOLVED] Gaming laptop under $700?

Aug 16, 2019
My current laptop can't keep up with much, and since I've started playing games more, I want to replace it with a gaming laptop instead of a general one. Only thing is, I'm a total newbie to the hardware side of computers. I had to google what a CPU was and I thought AMD had something to do with the specifications. So to be honest, I'm overwhelmed with all the choices and parts and acronyms out there. I thought a computer forum would be the best place to ask for help!

I've done some looking around myself, but most of my time has been spent in just figuring out the minimum and recommended system requirements for my games. Not sure if that was the right first step, kind of been flying blind here. But I at least figured out the minimum CPU, GPU, and RAM that I need in my new laptop (or at least I think I did). Beyond that I'm totally clueless. I bought my last laptop on Amazon because it was cheap and it looked nice. No thoughts toward the hardware at all.

I need Windows OS, at least 8 GB of RAM, and at least 512 MB of video memory. Some games also mentioned needing compatibility with "Shader model 4.0". I'd prefer a built in DVD drive but I'll live with an external one. While the minimum system requirements are the absolute least I need from the laptop, I'd like something as close to the recommended requirements as possible. Anyone got any suggestions?

Minimum system requirements
CPU: Intel i5 2550k
Graphics: GeForce GTX 1050

Recommended system requirements
CPU: Intel Core i5-8400
Graphics: GeForce GTX 1070

Solution
Asus TUF FX505DT from me with GTX 1650, i know its not as powerful as DU edition but at least this fits the budget and beside there is no laptop with 1060 or more under 700$.

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Asus TUF FX505DT from me with GTX 1650, i know its not as powerful as DU edition but at least this fits the budget and beside there is no laptop with 1060 or more under 700$.

Solution