Gaming laptop vs Ultrabook

Dec 25, 2018
Hey guys I hope it's the right place to ask and forgive me if its not.

I am in a dilemma and need some viewpoints for my situation. Currently I'm studying and bringing my laptop to school 3 times a week, and in the evenings/weekends i work 4 times. At work I like to game on my laptop since its a job that gives me the freedom to game as long as I can keep on doing my work (which i do and motivates me to keep my 4 weekly shifts)

I got a small 14" laptop that can't keep up witht he games I play, but it looks slim and "Proffesional?", on the other hand i have a Lenovo Y530 that can handle my games but is siginificantly larger and heavier (which is fine for me)..

Now to my problem, I bought both laptops recently due to i coulden't decide on which one to use (long story but i got some adhd which makes me indecisive) and now I'm in a kinda anxious mood where i feel awkward by having a big 15.6" laptop at school, I feel like im the weirdo gamer among the pupils even though the y530 hides the gamer aspect quite well. Sorry for the long writing but what do you guys think? Is it completely normal to have a big laptop for school? I really dont know which laptop to sell and which to keep :/ I feel shitty as well for spending quite some money on buying 2 laptops in so short span of time.. Anyhow, I hope some can see through the lines and understand me

are you sure you're ok taking the big heavy y530 with you all the time? i thought so too but i regretted after a couple of weeks and switched back to the light one.

if you're certain the weight is ok long term then use the gaming one, nobody's gonna care what laptop you're using

zachybest

Reputable
Jan 27, 2018
Hey guys I hope it's the right place to ask and forgive me if its not.

I am in a dilemma and need some viewpoints for my situation. Currently I'm studying and bringing my laptop to school 3 times a week, and in the evenings/weekends i work 4 times. At work I like to game on my laptop since its a job that gives me the freedom to game as long as I can keep on doing my work (which i do and motivates me to keep my 4 weekly shifts)

I got a small 14" laptop that can't keep up witht he games I play, but it looks slim and "Proffesional?", on the other hand i have a Lenovo Y530 that can handle my games but is siginificantly larger and heavier (which is fine for me)..

Now to my problem, I bought both laptops recently due to i coulden't decide on which one to use (long story but i got some adhd which makes me indecisive) and now I'm in a kinda anxious mood where i feel awkward by having a big 15.6" laptop at school, I feel like im the weirdo gamer among the pupils even though the y530 hides the gamer aspect quite well. Sorry for the long writing but what do you guys think? Is it completely normal to have a big laptop for school? I really dont know which laptop to sell and which to keep :/ I feel shitty as well for spending quite some money on buying 2 laptops in so short span of time.. Anyhow, I hope some can see through the lines and understand me

If you are okay with Lenovo Y530's weight (and other cons), it is okay to carry large size laptop to school. Moreover, it can handle the game you play. So, I think you should keep it.