Gaming laptop with Nivida GTX980M

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoffeeWizard

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
I want a gaming laptop and narrowed it down to these two models with Nvidia 980M: the MSI GT72 Dominator Pro-211 OR the Gigabyte P35Xv4-BW1. I would appreciate your pro and cons on each. Which would you prefer, as I need help in deciding! Thanks!

Solution
The MSI has the larger display, twice as much RAM, blu-ray burner instead of dvd burner, 128GB SSD, superior keyboard. separate click buttons for touchpad (minor). Looks better (subjective). More USB ports. 2 HDMI outputs.

The Gigabyte is smaller and lighter, has a better CPU.

I'd prefer the MSI.

1shado1

Distinguished
The MSI has the larger display, twice as much RAM, blu-ray burner instead of dvd burner, 128GB SSD, superior keyboard. separate click buttons for touchpad (minor). Looks better (subjective). More USB ports. 2 HDMI outputs.

The Gigabyte is smaller and lighter, has a better CPU.

I'd prefer the MSI.

Solution

1shado1

Distinguished

I had considered that as well, but just based my comments on the "stock" configuration of both models. Glad you brought it up. :)

CoffeeWizard

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015

What about the MSI GT72 Dominator Pro G-1438? Thought it had a better CPU over the Gigabyte?

1shado1

Distinguished

I was only speaking of the exact models he had listed in his original post, not offering other options. I just figured he mentioned those two exact models to reach a certain price point.

P.S. Isn't the CPU in the G-1438 variant of the MSI the same as the one in the Gigabyte? I could be mistaken, though.

CoffeeWizard

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015

Yes. You're right. The CPU in the G-1438 is the same as on the Gigabyte i was looking into. Yeah, I'm just looking into all my options. Thanks a lot for your input. Probably going with the MSI G1438. Both MSIs were same price. Thanks again!

1shado1

Distinguished

You're welcome! Both MSI's are the same price? That's weird, as the G1438 has the better CPU, and G-Sync.

CoffeeWizard

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015

I know, right! Look at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.