May 7, 2020
Hi there, sorry I'm new here so if there's a correct format then please advise!

I got gifted a gaming laptop that was barely used from a friend who upgraded pretty fast due to his parents being well off.

I have a Acer Helios Predator 300 which has the following components:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (2x 4.00 GB) DDR4.
Installed GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

The problem I am having is that I'm having some quite bad stuttering/lag issues on Warzone despite being on the lowest settings for everything - optimising the game through in-game settings as well as through the Nvidia GEForce Experience portal along with the Nvidia Control Panel being put on Maximum Performance on both the Modern Warfare run programs. My graphics drivers are all updated and so is the game.

unknown.png

This is the recommended settings for Warzone which it nearly completely passes and it aces through the Minimum settings.

I was wondering what is happening for me to have lag issues in the game?

Solution
The recommended settings are for 1080p 60 on high.
You straight up don't have enough ram.
I've seen a few videos of people using 12-13GBs of ram in that game.

Your ram does meet the minimum, which is for 720p 60.
May 7, 2020
The recommended settings are for 1080p 60 on high.
You straight up don't have enough ram.
I've seen a few videos of people using 12-13GBs of ram in that game.

Your ram does meet the minimum, which is for 720p 60.

Thank you for replying. Do you know where or can point me in the general direction of getting hold of 2x 8GB ram sticks that is compatiable for my laptop for a good price? Sorry for asking, I'm quite the novice but after seeing how they can be changed on my laptop, I feel confident in changing them, just a matter of finding the right ones.

Would these be a good buy:
RAM sticks

Last edited: