Gaming Laptops and GPU differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2018
Hello all,

I'm sure this has been asked before but I have a 3 year old and a pregnant wife - and the two do not allow for much downtime to scroll through posts.

Id really appreciate any help anyone can provide...

I'm looking for a new gaming laptop for around £1000. I'd like to play GTA 5, The division and newer games like battlefield 5 to a decent set of standards - can anyone provide opinions on the best model to go for?

Also, I understand a lot of graphics cards manufactures have a mobile version of their graphics cards - is there any way of telling what these are? When I read the specs of a laptop it never mentions them being 'mobile' versions with less processing power but some reviews then go on to say that they are and this is something to be wary of. For example I see a lot of specs with a GTX 1060 then read on to see that as a mobile version it is less powerful - any ideas?

Many thanks for any assistance!!

Solution
It used to be that mobile GPU was always quite a bit slower than their desktop counterparts. But from the GTX 10xx series, the mobile GPUs are very close in performance to the desktop versions. The only real difference is that because the mobile versions doesn't have as good cooling as the desktop versions, they will not be able to boost them self as high as the desktop versions.
It used to be that mobile GPU was always quite a bit slower than their desktop counterparts. But from the GTX 10xx series, the mobile GPUs are very close in performance to the desktop versions. The only real difference is that because the mobile versions doesn't have as good cooling as the desktop versions, they will not be able to boost them self as high as the desktop versions.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.