[SOLVED] Low Gaming FPS on laptop with i7-10875H and RTX 3060 ?

Jun 17, 2021
Although I have a i7-10875H, RTX 3060 and 16GB Ram Laptop with 165HZ 2K monitor, I only get 100 fps on Valorant. Do you have any idea to help?

Solution
that sounds little low. Mobile hardware (aka laptops) are mostly slower then their desktop counterparts, but do try to lower the resolution and see does it help, and do check the termals temperatures as you play as it may be thermal throttling is picking up occurring somewhere. reinstall drivers. recheck gamesettings (quality and stuff)

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
that sounds little low. Mobile hardware (aka laptops) are mostly slower then their desktop counterparts, but do try to lower the resolution and see does it help, and do check the termals temperatures as you play as it may be thermal throttling is picking up occurring somewhere. reinstall drivers. recheck gamesettings (quality and stuff)

Solution

Howardohyea

Commendable
May 13, 2021
I know I say this a lot but I won't run userbenchmark for serious benchmarking, their benchmarks are insanely biased against AMD, not to mention the 800x600 graphics test that runs for only one second.

You can't get a score this way, and look at 3DMark, two whole minutes of 3840x2160 render, and that is what you call good benchmarking tool (plus no bias against AMD hardware.
that sounds little low. Mobile hardware (aka laptops) are mostly slower then their desktop counterparts, but do try to lower the resolution and see does it help, and do check the termals as you play maybe thermal trotteling is picking up somewhere. reinstall drivers. recheck gamesettings (quality and stuff)
Also, when you said "mostly slower than their desktop counterparts" that is not really true. All laptop components are lower clocked and not to mention smaller dies and therefore less processing power. I can't think of any place when mobile will beat desktop

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
when you said "mostly slower than their desktop counterparts" that is not really true. All laptop components are lower clocked and not to mention smaller dies and therefore less processing power. I can't think of any place when mobile will beat desktop
So you say that a 3060 mobile version is slower then the desktop version aka slower then desktop counterpart :) but do check drivers and temps, i see in tests that Valoran should run around 150-200 fps on 2k, check is your DLSS maybe on.

I know I say this a lot but I won't run userbenchmark for serious benchmarking, their benchmarks are insanely biased against AMD, not to mention the 800x600 graphics test that runs for only one second.

Agree as a benchmark tool it sucks but for spotting issues it can be helpful. For example it will tell you if there is high background cpu usage indicating something is hogging cpu resources. It shows you the RAM speed and configuration and can indicate if it may be running single channel. It can show you if the cpu isn’t boosting as it should.

So you say that a 3060 mobile version is slower then the desktop version aka slower then desktop counterpart :) but do check drivers and temps, i see in tests that Valoran should run around 150-200 fps on 2k, check is your DLSS maybe on.
I saw benchmarks around 150fps @ 2k with a 3060 mobile when I looked so the OP does seem a fair bit under. However you can’t just compare mobile gpu’s as it’s not unheard of for a manufacturer to cripple a laptop gpu to help with thermal and power limits.

Howardohyea

Commendable
May 13, 2021
Agree as a benchmark tool it sucks but for spotting issues it can be helpful. For example it will tell you if there is high background cpu usage indicating something is hogging cpu resources. It shows you the RAM speed and configuration and can indicate if it may be running single channel. It can show you if the cpu isn’t boosting as it should.
it haven't occurred to me but you got a fair point, if they aren't biased they really make a great tool