Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ok my system running Creative Labs 56k and with a Cable modem. The games I been running on line I been getting about 150ping. Which it still to high. What can a Gaming modem to to help this? The cable company saying I lose 50ping to there server. And Lose another 100 to the gaming site. If I m loseing 50ping to there site. Then some thing wrong with there system Or wrong with Phone lines.

Flyboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Your running 56k AND a cable modem??? How or why? I mean either you have a cable modem and an Ethernet card OR you have a 56K dial-up.

Am I missing something?

Catheter and Caffeine IV are in place. Let's PLAY.

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It has the basic Modem dialup. And has a cable down load. I dont care for the speed for the down load I m trying to make the upload faster. So it will drop my ping.

FatBurger

Illustrious
What? I've heard of satellite links working like that, but never cable modems. If you only have 56k up, you're still going to hurt during games.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well anything to make this thing Faster. I keep telling them they have old system. And why did they buy it. I'm thinking of going for Satellite link but like you seid. I'm mess up any way I go.

I have done some things to help added 4 megs of ram to the cable modem and mess with the Registry. To drop my ping to 100. And Now I m trying to get the connections faster

FatBurger

Illustrious
Well, good luck to you. At least you're getting somewhere.

And BTW, there's no chance that a sattelite link will be faster than cable. Your only hope is to call the cable provider and complain about slow speeds. Get everyone else in your area to do the same. They might put in new equipment.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink: