Gaming Monitor between $700-$1200

Chronos1985

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
I'm currently running a sli GTX 980 setup and was looking for a gaming monitor. Thus far, the ROG Swift has seemed to be the best choice, but I'd like to not make the purchase until getting educated on my other options.

Here's some background on games I play and plan to pay:

DOTA 2
GTV 5
The Witcher 3.
Possible shooters in the future though I dont them play them often as I use to.

I've mostly struggled with wanting the best picture, without sacrificing refresh rate In the 2k-4k resolution category. I'm also open to 21:9 and IPC monitors.

I know many may point out if I will notice a difference between 144hz and 60hz, but I am not too sure whether I will or won't. Though one thing of importance. At this time I'm using a Asus VG248QE, so I'm afraid going with a monitor that's less than 144hz will be noticeable now that I've used this monitor for more than a year.

My Budget is between 700 - 1200

Apologies ahead of time for such a broad range. I'm hoping to get a range of different great monitors and decide what may be best for me.

Thanks!

x) Neither. I just realized we had recommended virtually the same monitor. The only difference is the screen sizes. I guess it's down to how big OP wants it?