[SOLVED] Gaming monitor for £250 or less

TristanKing

Honorable
May 27, 2015
Looking for a gaming monitor for my 11 year old brother.

A couple of options I've found so far are this LG and this Acer.

I think an ultra-wide would be nice for gaming, whether fullscreen or with something else open next to a windowed game. He does only have a 750ti currently though, so the extra pixels will drop his FPS a bit.
I'm not sure if ultra-wides are worse value than a 16:9 though, they seem pretty expensive.

Pretty sure 60-75hz will be fine for him, he wont be getting more FPS than that in many games anyway. I think things like good colors are going to be more important.

It's much more of a struggle for me picking a monitor than it is putting together a PC build, since specs aren't always what they seem with displays, so I'm here looking for some educated opinions and recommendations.

The games he'll be playing are Fortnite, Roblox, Minecraft, Gang Beasts, and mostly other not so demanding games.

Solution
Double check that his games support 21:9 (google <game name> 21:9 & check videos or screenshots), either they'll be supported natively or there's a fix without stretching the screen. Gaming on a ultrawide gives a much more immersive experience and the IPS panel will give much better colors over TN. As for the 750 ti he may need to lower the settings slightly but the higher refresh will be a bit smoother over 60 FPS.

WildCard999

Titan
Double check that his games support 21:9 (google <game name> 21:9 & check videos or screenshots), either they'll be supported natively or there's a fix without stretching the screen. Gaming on a ultrawide gives a much more immersive experience and the IPS panel will give much better colors over TN. As for the 750 ti he may need to lower the settings slightly but the higher refresh will be a bit smoother over 60 FPS.

Solution