Gaming Monitor Help

FelixVincent

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014
Im looking to buy a monitor primarily for gaming.
Im running a GTX 970.
My Budget is Around $200 US and $250 AUD (It might be cheaper for the US)
Some Criteria:
60-144Hz (either)
24in And upwards
It Can be TN Or IPS
Inbuilt Speakers i don't care about
G-SYNC would be nice but I can live without it

So yeah So far Ive been looking at the BENQ RL2460HT.....?
Thanks

Solution
I guess that's all perspective - ideally, you want something with a higher refresh rate and response time but those can get pretty expensive. If it were me, I would see if they'll let you demo a display unit at a local brick and mortar so you can see what price you're willing to spend and what quality you really need. I think 60 hz is more than enough but I am not someone that things they need to drop cash on a gaming display since I do more streaming and web browsing on my monitor than gaming. To me, it was more important to get a larger display (27") than it was to get 144hz display.

This is the newer version of the monitors I use (2 at home, 3 at the office - pretty ridiculous but I use all the real estate I can get)...

game junky

Distinguished
I guess that's all perspective - ideally, you want something with a higher refresh rate and response time but those can get pretty expensive. If it were me, I would see if they'll let you demo a display unit at a local brick and mortar so you can see what price you're willing to spend and what quality you really need. I think 60 hz is more than enough but I am not someone that things they need to drop cash on a gaming display since I do more streaming and web browsing on my monitor than gaming. To me, it was more important to get a larger display (27") than it was to get 144hz display.

This is the newer version of the monitors I use (2 at home, 3 at the office - pretty ridiculous but I use all the real estate I can get):

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/lg-monitor-27mp34hqb

Pretty good color reproduction and the brightness/contrast are solid. I got them on black Friday last year for $170 so it was well worth the money but they're not nearly as cheap outside of the holiday season. If you can be patient and don't mind price shopping every week it is a good buy in my book. I have used LG, Samsung, Sony, Acer, ASUS, AOS & Dell monitors and these are the best bang for your buck in my opinion

Solution