Question Gaming Monitor

Nov 3, 2021
Hi All,

I just ordered a gaming PC (spec at the bottom of this post) and am looking for a great gaming monitor to match.

Ideally I’m looking for:

HDR600 or above
240Hz
Min 27 inch
G-Sync
1440p (so I can max out on FPS)
Response - max 1ms

Not got a particular budget in mind as I spent so much on the rig, so I want to do it justice. Have read lots of good reviews on Odyssey G7 but not sure I can get used to the curve...

Any help and comments much appreciated!

Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Black RGB ATX Mid-Tower Case
CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.7GHz 16 Core CPU, 24 Thread, 5.2GHz Turbo
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 Elite DDR4 Motherboard
Graphics CardNVidia GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X GPU
Memory: 32GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 3600MHz (2x16GB) Black
Primary Storage Drive: 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD
Secondary Storage Drive: 4TB Seagate 3.5″ Ironwolf Pro HDD, 2 Years Rescue+DataRecovery on registration
CPU Cooling: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 360mm RGB Processor Liquid Cooler
PSU: Corsair RM1000x 1000W 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular PSU
WiFi: GC-WBAX910
Sound Card:Integrated Sound Card On The Motherboard
Operating System:Microsoft Windows® 11 Home
MS Office: MS Office Home & Student 2019
Additional Chassis Cooling Fans: Corsair Build it Beautiful Lighting Kit – 6 RGB LL120 Fans with RGB Controller & 4 LED Strips

Nov 3, 2021
Sorry guys - one additional question that’s been bugging me a bit, I see in the spec of the motherboard that the HDMI output supports 4K @ 60 FPS. I’m planning on gaming in 1440p, but will my FPS still be limited somewhat? I can’t seem to find anywhere if it’s only 4K that will be capped at this FPS or if other resolutions will be capped pro rata - i.e. around 100 FPS for 1440p etc

Nov 3, 2021
Apologies again, I think I’ve just realised that my monitor will actually plug directly into the GPU so presume the question regarding motherboard FPS is irrelevant?

You'd be surprised how quickly you'd get used to the curve. I have a different monitor with a 1500R curve and it took all of 5 minutes before I stopped noticing. If you have a good electronics store nearby it would be worthwhile to go check the Samsung G7 out in person.

And for your last question, yes, it's a moot point whether the motherboard's HDMI output will give you only 60hz since you'll be connecting directly to the GPU.

Nov 3, 2021
You'd be surprised how quickly you'd get used to the curve. I have a different monitor with a 1500R curve and it took all of 5 minutes before I stopped noticing. If you have a good electronics store nearby it would be worthwhile to go check the Samsung G7 out in person.

And for your last question, yes, it's a moot point whether the motherboard's HDMI output will give you only 60hz since you'll be connecting directly to the GPU.

Thanks for the advice. I’m struggling to find a stockist that has a G7 that I can go and take a look at - most stores seem to be online these days. Any ideas?

Nov 3, 2021
Update - after further research I decided to order the 32 inch Samsung G7 Odyssey - seems to give me the best of all worlds in terms of size, resolution, FPS etc.

However, I just realised that when I ordered it’s the model code G75 LC32G75TQSUXEN. On the Samsung website the model code is LC27G75TQSRXXU. Anyone know what the difference is between the models? Some forums have mentioned energy rating but both the codes appear to have a ‘G’ energy rating