Seth064

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2005
Hello, am new to the forums.
I was recommended to come here if i needed any help with pc's, so here i am.

I wad wondering if you guys could help me find a good gaming monitor, It can be either 17" or 19", no bigger tho as i had a 21" monitor and it was pretty bad for gaming even tho it had high refresh rates and all that.

Thanks.

p.s. i am looking for a crt not a lcd.

Its nice to be important,
but,
Its mor important to be Nice

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
I'd go with one of these if you want 19":
NEC/MITSUBISHI FE991SB
NEC/MITSUBISHI FE990
Or this if you want 17":
NEC/MITSUBISHI FE770
(add a -BK to any of them for black casing)

I currently have a NEC/MITSUBISHI FP2141SB-BK 22" and it is an absolutely beautiful monitor. I think it might be better than my Sony G500 21" ever was.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Why was your 21" bad for games?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
One of my friends is like that too. He can't stand gaming on a big screen. He refuses to use anything but a 15" at lan parties :(
He says it is better because he can see the whole screen with out moving his head around. I don't know, I can see everything on my 22" w/o moving my head and with better detail :)

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

Seth064

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2005
Am not sure wat was wrong with it when I was playing games, btw I play Fast moving First Person Shooters. When am in the game the screen sort of...dont know how to explain it, but it flickered in a since, you could see lines where the picture is trying to update or somethin. Am not to technical like, but I know when somethin isnt wat it should be.

The monitor was a HITACHI CM812ET DIGITAL 21"

P.S. Am not complaining about the size of it like, the bigger the better :p but i just want a 19" or maybe 17" as the 21"er took up most of my table :p
A 24" Widescreen LCD monitor would be ideal so I could put it on the wall but it is just a little too expensive.

Its nice to be important,
but,
Its more important to be Nice

TRENDING THREADS