Gaming mouse scroll wheel not working

Feb 16, 2018
I'm using a JVSURF Gaming Mouse on my Chromebook. I got it from a friend, and the mouse scroll wheel was working, but when he gave it to me the mouse wheel stopped working. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. Please help

Solution
Confirm the mouse is the problem by trying it out on a PC - could be a problem with the chromebook. Since that is a $7 mouse, it is possible it just failed. Even the well known brands have these problems like this one, which I got bit by. You can try and disassemble to repair like in the link, but on that product it may be more worthwhile to get another one or upgrade to a better product that would last a bit longer. Personally I have had really good luck with Logitech mice so that may one brand to consider.
Confirm the mouse is the problem by trying it out on a PC - could be a problem with the chromebook. Since that is a $7 mouse, it is possible it just failed. Even the well known brands have these problems like this one, which I got bit by. You can try and disassemble to repair like in the link, but on that product it may be more worthwhile to get another one or upgrade to a better product that would last a bit longer. Personally I have had really good luck with Logitech mice so that may one brand to consider.

Solution