gaming mouse - should i stick to logitech?

kelmen

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
I have used logitech keyboards, mouses many times.
seems like the item usage durability is shorten everytime i replaced them.

currently using g400s, right button is giving me "flickering" click-in-and-out issue, like i clicking it multiple times very fast but i just holding it down

i expect this should last longer, but seems like around every 2 years i need to replace 1 of these gadgets. i expect them to last more than 3 years. I usually buy the mid-range pricing items.

i'm thinking to try other brand, or other just practically the same quality?

Max1s

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
:-/ That's unfortunate. I think all manufacturers today will be trying to make their products as cheaply as possible while making sure that most of them will not break before the warranty period is over.

I can't recommend you any specific brands, but I would suggest that next time you buy a mouse, look up a review and check out what the reviewers say about its "build quality."

Try to open your mouse and clean the thin foil from the click capsule, which makes contact, had this issue on both my g500 (notebook and pc), the mice is working flawlessly for more then a year since i cleaned it.

sounds like an issue with the microswitches. all mice use microswitches so all mice generally have the same problems eventually. when they fail depends on how frequently you click, how hard you press down and the exact microswitch used. microswitches can be replaced for a few dollars if you take the time to solder new ones on.