[SOLVED] Gaming mouse with extension cord?

Dec 26, 2018
If I connect an extension cord to my gaming mouse, will it still have the same response time, DPI and polling rate?
My mouse is a Trust GXT 155 and the extension cord is unbranded.
The cable is USB A female --> USB A Male.
My setup: I have my PC connected to a USB Hub and my mouse is currently hooked up to that.
I want to put the extension cord between the USB hub and my mouse. I have set my polling rate to 1000Hz and my DPI is 400.

Solution
i would like to add that if you use a hub and have a mouse and keyboard there is a chance that they will not work together nicely. i ran a 45 foot active usb extension cord and plugged a mouse and keyboard into it. both worked fine on their own but the mouse would cut out if you pressed keys on the keyboard at the same time the mouse was moving. this was not high DPI stuff, either. tried 5 different hubs, both powered and un-powered, as well as two different extension cords (different brand cords and one of them 10 feet shorter than the other). ended up having two extension cords: one for the keyboard, and one for everything else (in my case mouse, usb microphone, flash drive and music keyboard, they would work fine together). this...

dvo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
i would like to add that if you use a hub and have a mouse and keyboard there is a chance that they will not work together nicely. i ran a 45 foot active usb extension cord and plugged a mouse and keyboard into it. both worked fine on their own but the mouse would cut out if you pressed keys on the keyboard at the same time the mouse was moving. this was not high DPI stuff, either. tried 5 different hubs, both powered and un-powered, as well as two different extension cords (different brand cords and one of them 10 feet shorter than the other). ended up having two extension cords: one for the keyboard, and one for everything else (in my case mouse, usb microphone, flash drive and music keyboard, they would work fine together). this happens on multiple keyboard/mouse combos, but not ALL combinations. it is definitely hit or miss.

Solution