Gaming Multiplayer slow on my newly built computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicoIba

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015
Hello, I am built a brand new computer for both video editing and gaming. Here are my specs of the build:

Motherboard: Asus Maximus X Code
CPU: Intel i7-8086k
PSU: Evga Supernova 850V Platinum
WiFi: Onboard my mobo & Netgear A7000

Video editing as great and single player games are awesome fast. However, multiplayer games have significant lag. It has a rhythmic fast and slow, maybe every 5 to 10 seconds. After every 5-10 secs, the players moonwalk, then teleport to a different position and I move back to where I was at 2 seconds ago.

I don't know much about my ISP except that it is AT&T.

My pc from 2011 doesnt have this bad lag when my sister and I play multiplayer games. I have a feeling my onboard wifi is the issue, but when I used the USB wifi from my old pc which I bought a month ago, it has little to no change in lag. Is it possible any of these components could be causing the lag?

if your using the onboard ipgpu make sure the mb bios is up to date and your using the newest drivers for chipset and video from intel. (intel has a free driver check program). also in the bios see if you can add ore video ram for the ipgpu. some mb default to 256k. if there no change put in a gpu for gaming. most games look for nvidia or amd chipsets. on web bases games make sure using the newest version of adobe flash.

NicoIba

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015

I'll update the bios. It's my first time, so I'm not truly sure. I believe it is put the .CAP file in a USB, turn off the computer, place it in the BIOS USB in the back, then hold the bios button until it blinks. Does this sound correct?

I'm still not sure why even the USB Wifi on my old PC still seems slower than the old PC.

UPDATE: I updated the BIOS as stated and tried to use the onboard wifi. Speed did not improve. Lag is still the same for multiplayer games and people are still teleporting. When monitoring my wifi, it seems to have random spikes with a sudden decrease to zero. What other problems could there be with the wifi?

SurpriseSlayer1

Honorable
Jan 2, 2015
I would try (for testing) using a hardwire cat5e cable directly to your router. Try playing the game to see if it continues. if it does, it could be lack of speed from your ISP. If it does help, either run a direct wire to your computer to where it sits currently. Try running a speed test from where your computer is now to see how many Mbps you are getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.