Gaming On A Netbook? 13 Great Titles Playable At 720p

Status
Not open for further replies.

superflykicks03

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
There are a lot of older FPS titles that play well on netbooks as well, although ive never tested to see if they support 720p. The ones that come to mind off hand are Max Payne (1&2), Half-Life, Unreal Tournament, etc. I played through Diablo II on my netbook and of course it ran great as well.

Plants vs Zombies is always great as well :)

G

I play Guild Wars on a C-50 based Toshiba netbook - plays well. Will try other titles after reading this article. I chose the C-50 netbook after reading another great article on Tom's comparing the C-50 and E-350. Looking fwd to Trinity ultrathin for the mobile space.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Not sure why so many people have issues with SW:TOR 1 or 2 and Win7.

Has always worked right out of the box for me after installing the latest official patch.

K-beam

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
other great suggestions:
- the original ghost recon+the 2 expansions+numerous mods
- rainbow six raven shield+the 2 expansions
- unreal
- deux-ex
- swat 3
- serious sam
- prince of persia - sands of time
- GTR2
- C&C generals+zero hour
- empire earth
- Far cry (?)

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 runs perfect @1680x1050 on my old P4 @3Ghz with HT, 1GB DDR400 RAM, and 7600GS 256MB gpu... xD
Also + 1 to jtt283's comment. I was playing Diablo 2 on my quadcore system with GTX570 lol the game is amazing it should be on this list (I stopped playing cause of Diablo 3 :D).

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]superflykicks03[/nom]There are a lot of older FPS titles that play well on netbooks as well, although ive never tested to see if they support 720p. The ones that come to mind off hand are Max Payne (1&2), Half-Life, Unreal Tournament, etc. I played through Diablo II on my netbook and of course it ran great as well. Plants vs Zombies is always great as well[/citation]
You could get Unreal Tournament 2004 to run on a netbook. I know I got that game to run on some seriously low end hardware back in 05'

Great list, though. First one of these articles that I've read in a while that was agreeable. Oh and NSF Hot pursuit, now that is a game I miss playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.