Question Gaming on my 4k TV or stick with my 2k monitor?

Jan 14, 2020
"?I have been toying around with the idea of moving my pc to my man cave to use game on my 4k TV. I have a nice ROG 2k gsync gaming monitor that I currently use but Its a 27" monitor and I have a 65" 4k TV. I have actually tested it and the fps is playable at 60fps on say Witcher 3 and higher on other less demanding games with the correct adjustments. The main reason for the question is I will need to buy a $249 razer turret to game from my couch as I have a wired keyboard and mouse in my office. I will also have around $1000 between my 2 monitors in my office just sitting there collecting dust. I know ultimately the decision is mine just looking for some other opinions on this decision before I pull the trigger.

I would love to get " if you play Resident Evil 2 Remastered" feedback.

We have a 55 4k and my son did play off my TV in my office, turned off the lights and using my home audio system made the game fricking awesome. You will love.

The only difference my wife would make me go get a longer HDMI cable. I learn to live with compromises married that is.........................................Game on Boss

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
4k is demanding on most video cards, but you can turn details down - there may be some games where you'll need to drop the resolution to say 2560x1440 or 1920x1080, but, honestly, even on a huge screen like yours, that shouldn't really hurt things much, as you're not sitting as close to the TV as you would be to a monitor.

The only downside is that, as far as I know (and I could be wrong), TVs don't have adaptive sync (FreeSync or GSync). Adaptive sync is very nice to have if you're playing a game that your system can't maintain at 60fps. But, you can adjust details to make up for that.

I'm finding it hard to come up with any real reason to go with the monitor vs The Mega Screen.